PeacemakerJack

Vintage Trucks

ebinmaine

Here's a video with a really cool old Ford 300 in line industrial that gets woken up quite substantially.

I'd love to have a 92 to 95 f150 with an engine like this in it.

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Here's a video with a really cool old Ford 300 in line industrial that gets woken up quite substantially.

Maybe they should have ECO-Boosted those instead the V6

• Like 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Maybe they should have ECO-Boosted those instead the V6

I've wondered quite a few times why they canceled that 300 - 6 engine

Tractorhead

Like that game. 😎

impressive improvement. 🤪🤤

reminds me little on the Farmtruck, but that‘s far away..

i like that Monster, it‘s my personal favorite, but exorbitant expensive here.

but that is also not my basic intend for a Pickup.

but however who knows... 😎

i still must wait a little, he is in decision phase to give it away or keep it.

Decision will be taken maybe autumn this year.

but thank you all for your input’s.

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I've wondered quite a few times why they canceled that 300 - 6 engine

GM did stay in the game longer, the Trailblazers and first gen Colorado shared an inline twin OHC platform 4 (2.8/9L), 5 (3.5/7L), and 6 (4.2L) cylinders engines from about 2002-2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_Atlas_engine and now their 3.0L Duramax in the 1500 series.

• Like 3

squonk

And those late 250's used the Varijunk carb. Now if it had a 292 in it different story! :banana-wrench:

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

Here’s an example of what power vs tires vs driver will get ya.  Plus, an awesome example of a guy who won’t let a curveball get in the way.  I first saw this ‘27 Dodge Brothers hot rod on Netflix’s Fastest Car.  True garage built hero story!

• Like 2

Pullstart
19 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Wow.  Just had a realization that a 300 / 6 would be like a 400 / 8 as far as cylinder displacement goes!  300 or 292 would be a MUCH bigger bore than a 302 or 305!  I’ve been meaning to watch this video on my suggested feed... thanks EB!

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Well, this is creative.  A modern JD crate engine, Allison 1000/2000 combo and divorced t-case in a 69 GMC!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

27 Dodge Brothers hot rod

Yyeeaaahhhh

• Like 1

Tractorhead

It seems my Pickup truck is searching for me..

today while i talked to a Workmate about the longbed i had in mind, he give another offer to me.

He have also a long bed Chevy  It‘s a 1988  with a V6 Engine he will sale maybe also in autum.

i know this Truck, it will be my Favorite, because i know the PO.

Not a Raped Truck but also not a Beauty, Technical in good condition and even for a extreme fair price.

If he will sale it, i be the first he will inform, than it‘s mine.👍

about the price we talked today found a price we both be fine and it‘s worth the Price no doubt.

😎

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 3

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

It seems my Pickup truck is searching for me..

today while i talked to a Workmate about the longbed i had in mind, he give another offer to me.

He have also a long bed Chevy  It‘s a 1988  with a V6 Engine he will sale maybe also in autum.

i know this Truck, it will be my Favorite, because i know the PO.

Not a Raped Truck but also not a Beauty, Technical in good condition and even for a extreme fair price.

If he will sale it, i be the first he will inform, than it‘s mine.👍

about the price we talked today found a price we both be fine and it‘s worth the Price no doubt.

😎

The V6 should be the 4.3L, basically a 350 V8 with 2 cylinders cut off. Decent engines and more parts availability.  My 06 V6

IMAG4842.jpg

IMAG4840.jpg

IMAG4844.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

cschannuth
On 1/5/2018 at 10:20 AM, cschannuth said:

My son had the white and black Gen 1 Ranger for a few years.  It was built by a Ford mechanic and his son and was a lot of fun to drive. He drove it back-and-forth to college and it actually got decent gas mileage when you could keep your foot out of it. It had the 5.0 out of 89 LX Mustang and the rear axle out of and Explorer. 

6C29C628-3EFC-4C7E-A2A6-6C04941B10C5.jpeg.422cf3e87e9f079bb5e3dfbcba361951.jpeg98E9379C-A2DD-4B5B-9E7E-759FA9E64152.jpeg.04b5bab8a8257228204c5539bcfb4033.jpeg

My red ‘83 Ranger got a heart transplant.  It went from a 2.8L 4 speed to a 5.0L (306ci) 5 speed with GT40 heads, roller rockers, and an Edlebrock 4 barrel. It’s taken a couple years and it still needs a few tweaks but it is a lot of fun. 4DF8308C-F1FB-47F6-8D54-E2012CE7D01F.jpeg.a149b3fc0a1a9569a8cb3d20dc90cdec.jpeg8CD1D9C8-C324-467F-BA5A-56EFEDED66DC.jpeg.9567fb3d824957b7f5445960ce149741.jpeg

Edited by cschannuth
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, cschannuth said:

5.0L

Suckuh sounds NIIIICE

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

19richie66

• Like 1
  • Excellent 8

ohiofarmer

I helped a neighbor repair a roof at his mom's house. Doing a good deed may have its rewards.

There is a 2wd F-250 7.3 liter Diesel in the driveway next door. I think around a 1991 with the square flat headlights. Most of it is very solid, with rust over the rear wheels only.The guy wants to sell for an insane low price, but i think he waited too long to get the title transferred from his deceased father. So it will need to be inspected before title transfer. With dead batteries, that would mean a tow.The inspection station is about 20 miles away. then there is insurance, so a logistical nightmare.

I might be able to take my batteries down there and see if it will start. I think the 7.3 is a non-turbo engine and it has a great reputation.The truck is solid with 150k or so. If that engine runs, it would be impossible to not be a great deal.

Wife is not happy , but she is coming around. 

• Like 5

ohiofarmer

I nosed around a Powerstroke forum, and a few people were asking about buying trucks that did not run. Their advice was dON"T.  So my plan is pop the hood and see just what it would take to place some batteries and the fitment issues. I have two monsters for the mighty Cummins I own and a couple of top/side posts I always keep around for multiple uses on the farm.  It seems better to swap batteries around for seasonal farm use than buying for each piece of equipment and let the things set there and turn to gludge.

Still have a good feeling about this truck.

• Like 1

JCM

A friend of mine came over Sunday to do some wiring and decided to give the old Ford a run. This truck is used for plowing his driveway and lumber yard runs etc and mostly sits in his yard. 1996 F-250 XL  360  Automatic. When he left he opened the driver side window and said I love this truck because it has window cranks and started laughing. I told him that was way better than replacing those window regulators on the power window models, he agreed.

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

cschannuth
4 minutes ago, JCM said:

1996 F-250 XL  360 

Does that thing have a transplant? They only came with 300s, 302s, 351s, or 460s in the 90s.  That’s a nice looking old truck.

• Like 2

JCM

I asked him what it had for an engine and he said a 360 Windsor. I owned 3 Fords in the 70's and early 80's and they all had 6 cyl, so that is a question that I can't answer but will find out. @cschannuth

• Like 3

ebinmaine

Saw this tiny little thing sitting in a side driveway up here in Maine. Haven't the foggiest what it is.....

IMG_20210414_101138895.jpg

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

That’s a Mini cooper Pickup.

i don‘t know if that was a Factory or a rework, but they be Very British.

So maybe the British Section @Stormin or @Mickwhitt or @D_Mac here on RedSquare knows more abaut.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

D_Mac

Well I am a New Yorker not a Brit, but I would say its a Fiat or Mini Cooper.

• Haha 1

Tractorhead

Sorry to put you in an other Continent of the World, my fault..🤫

have a lot of Fun by riding back. :auto-layrubber:

😂😂

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Mickwhitt

Yep, mini front end. Not sure if a pick up was made but for a time the mini was a massive success. We even used the van as service vehicles at our council.

The current mini is a BMW and not mini at all, its huge compared with the original. 

• Like 1