PeacemakerJack

Vintage Trucks

bottjernat1

This photo would have been in 2000 or 2001 when the barn was freshly built. My dad had the 64 ford f600 buffed it looked new! My adopted mom accused dad of having it repainted. LOL and the other truck was our 1951 ford f7. The land around the barn is kendallville indiana soccer and baseball diamonds now.

20171227_201115.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Redneckdavis

Hell yes!

• Like 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, Achto said:

From the factory these Willy's trucks had a top end of about 45mph, 50 if you where gong down a big hill & pushed the clutch in

:text-yeahthat:            First gas station I worked at in High School had on of those four cylinder Jeep pick-ups. In 4 wheel low it was unstoppable but when you were in high range you had to check to be sure it wasn't in low!             :ROTF:

• Haha 6

953 nut
9 hours ago, Achto said:

From the factory these Willy's trucks had a top end of about 45mph, 50 if you where gong down a big hill & pushed the clutch in

:text-yeahthat:            First gas station I worked at in High School had on of those four cylinder Jeep pick-ups. In 4 wheel low it was unstoppable but when you were in high range you had to check to be sure it wasn't in low!             :ROTF:  

Sorry about the double  post.   :hide:

Edited by 953 nut
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, Achto said:

Achto
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

First gas station I worked at in High School had on of those four cylinder Jeep pick-ups. In 4 wheel low it was unstoppable but when you were in high range you had to check to be sure it wasn't in low! 

:ROTF:  That's hilarious !!! Completely worth the three-peat.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart

Saw this sweet pair the other night...

768E2924-0565-4AF1-8367-D8AE96AA3A35.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart
15 minutes ago, Oldcpecdr said:

This one just turned thirty years old.... 1990 S10.... this was a father son project that sat for many years unfinished after my son passed in 2005....last year I decided I needed to rearrange to make room  for some new Horse purchases and finished it up, bittersweet but glad I did it.... my son's plan was a booming big block but since I am closing in a whole lot more years than him I slipped a 283 in  so I could basically use the stock throttle body - the 6 cylinder 4.3 (267 CI) was so close it seemed like it should work fine... and it does.  But the 283 SOUNDS so much better and has plenty of power for cruising the Cape occasionally. At 74 I still autocross occasionally ..since this is basically a Camaro with a square body thought it might be fun to make it go around corners....but that's for next year.

Monday Blazer 1.jpg

Monday Blazer 2.jpg

Thank you for sharing your story on this gem!  It’s a beauty, but I am so sorry for your loss.  I’ve always loved square S10’s!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

953 nut
11 hours ago, pullstart said:

this was a father son project that sat for many years unfinished after my son passed in 2005....last year I decided I needed to rearrange to make room  for some new Horse purchases and finished it up, bittersweet but glad I did it..

Working on the completion of the S-10 was a meaningful way to honor your son and remember him as you worked on it. Thanks for sharing with us.

• Like 3

ebinmaine

Not at all often you see a Datsun this solid in Northern New England. 

578580282_IMG_20200914_1456274962.jpg.5add39c6690861f644e7d02f17d8f258.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Snapped this pic while waiting at a stop light. 

I'd drive that...

IMG_20200925_131148914_HDR.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

PeacemakerJack

Sweet looking vintage Blue Oval right there Eric:handgestures-thumbupright:.  I snapped a pic of this clean worker while at an intersection as well...

369C2D7A-BB02-4445-9783-1F66D38D1CD4.jpeg.2a9f9c1d16e0e88d8727d962577cedd3.jpeg

loved the setting in the background with the vintage period correct service station, just wish the yellow barrels weren’t in front.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack
On 9/14/2020 at 2:59 PM, ebinmaine said:

Not at all often you see a Datsun this solid in Northern New England. 

“Datsun. Datsun!  What’s a Datsun?”  At least that is what my son asked me a few months ago at a car show...boy I feel old!:royalty-pharaoh: 

• Haha 3

Achto
On 9/30/2020 at 6:13 AM, PeacemakerJack said:

What’s a Datsun?”  At least that is what my son asked me a few months ago at a car show

Just tell him that Datsun is Nissan translated to English.:D

Edited by Achto
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
10 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

“Datsun. Datsun!  What’s a Datsun?”  At least that is what my son asked me a few months ago at a car show...boy I feel old!:royalty-pharaoh: 

Josh ol buddy you tell that boy that waaaaaay back before the yeee-ah 9 teeen hunnertt etty foe-uh things was very very different for us human folk. The personal computer wasn't even a thing yet. We were still walking to school as much as two whole miles in one direction. And half the Earth was in the dark everyday all at the same time .

Car companies back then had these crazy names like Plymouth. Oldsmobile. And Datsun......

Life back then was raw edged and rough and tumble. Children still played outside and we had these things called bicycles and we rode around on them. It was nuts. Absolutely nuts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

c-series don

I remember those days Eric, and I’m happy to say I’m glad I grew up in the time before cell phones and the internet.We had metal Tonka, Nylint, and Buddy L trucks and toy equipment that made you use your imagination. We rode our bikes for fun, built jumps, rode with no helmets and got hurt! I’m also glad that I missed the generation that had to walk uphill to school both ways, in the snow!!!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
51 minutes ago, c-series don said:

We had metal Tonka, Nylint, and Buddy L trucks

The shelf in front of my Bear Chair in the living room. 

16015111680892826367108094820077.jpg.ad70d589bf5c8977d9f99909fde6d5f4.jpg

16015111888783588253655786760491.jpg.241bb40a8a63b5f95bbb5b15a3547525.jpg

Mine from when I were a wee one. 

(Many long times ago)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

@PeacemakerJack

Nice ol cornhusker there!! 

• Thanks 1

Achto

While on a run to pick up supper I spied this little beauty from about a 1/4 mile away. It was sitting at a used car dealership so curiosity made me stop to look at it on my way back home. ( supper could wait a few more minutes ). No plates on it,:) but no price tag either. :( Further curiosity may send me back while they are open to see what the story is on it. It's sooo purty.:wub:

IMG_20201008_184051004.jpg.ddc739c4da97729ec8a3315e337ea900.jpg

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 3

ebinmaine

Neat!!!

Don't see many Stude trucks. 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

1st Pictures at the 2011 LA Roadster Show | MyRideisMe.com

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

1st Pictures at the 2011 LA Roadster Show | MyRideisMe.com

For those that like patina but love speed bumps....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

Saw this old White model tractor  at a customer's place today. Contractor says he has several. Note that the location of the fifth wheel is right near the very back end of the truck....

Contractor wasn't sure what it was for but that would tell you that he hauls something very light.

IMG_20201012_115810359.jpg.7ce3157e188d6a1e3b5ecd4b2bf183c8.jpg

• Like 1

slim67
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Saw this old White model tractor  at a customer's place today. Contractor says he has several. Note that the location of the fifth wheel is right near the very back end of the truck....

Contractor wasn't sure what it was for but that would tell you that he hauls something very light.

IMG_20201012_115810359.jpg.7ce3157e188d6a1e3b5ecd4b2bf183c8.jpg

Looks like an old Road Boss? Can tell without seeing hood. First class 8 trucks I ever became acquainted with.