PeacemakerJack

Vintage Trucks

WVHillbilly520H
20 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Kevin—that is music to my ears!  My ol’ Goat is now tucked away for the long winters nap and so I don’t get to hear that until the spring.  I’ve got to put a new exhaust on the ‘95 Pickup in a week or so but it doesn’t have a cam like your C10-thus it won’t have that sweet thumpity-thump sound.  I look forward to the day that you post a video of you driving that truck! 

Josh give a listen to this stock little 4.3 engine...the right muffler and that '95 will sound fairly decent...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Nice Jeff—what are you running for exhaust on that?  I’m going to switch to true duals all the way back with high flow cats.  My cousin Paul bought these 2.5” Turbos about a decade ago for his BBC Bandit...since has decided to go with 3” all the way.  Said I could have them...

image.jpg.b8de106ffb548503c52de96c682b9425.jpg

Hopefully I can get them installed in the next week or so.  I really like the sound of yours for sure:thumbs:

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
8 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Nice Jeff—what are you running for exhaust on that?  I’m going to switch to true duals all the way back with high flow cats.  My cousin Paul bought these 2.5” Turbos about a decade ago for his BBC Bandit...since has decided to go with 3” all the way.  Said I could have them...

image.jpg.b8de106ffb548503c52de96c682b9425.jpg

Hopefully I can get them installed in the next week or so.  I really like the sound of yours for sure:thumbs:

Josh, it's a Flowmaster knock off single inlet dual outlet kit I scored from eBay and I put on in the driveway one weekend...

IMAG4326.jpg

IMAG4324.jpg

• Like 2

Rob.A.700

My two year project and when the time arises horse hauler. 78 f150 300 I6 4x4 4spd. My horses took a back seat to the ol' girl. But like all my horses its brought out of retirement and put back to work. 

When I first got it

36786413_1778566755544067_2002419035928526848_n.jpg.329618d825845991f6f0b6a7cd0afd16.jpg

How it is now. It looks good in the pic but has a case of 20/20

41853900_1885370461530362_6307880195458072576_n.jpg.528e8ba22f414338c6f06f3110aefefa.jpg

And using it to tow home my 56 cj5 witch is also being dragged out of retirement to plow and someday see the road again.

42770248_1901446903256051_4313625819344797696_o.jpg.457dbdefce937b043a0c4de851f29af0.jpg

@ebinmaine the video you posted of the old detroit semis was filmed at a truck show that I attend, in Ballston Spa NY. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Rob.A.700 said:

78 f150 300 I6 4x4 4spd

One of my favorite trucks with one of my favorite engines there Rob.

:handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

2 thumbs up.

@19richie66

You got some super cool stuff.

• Like 3

953 nut
2 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I included a couple “vintage” models I made back in the woodshop phase. A woodie wagon with surfboards, a 32 ford pickup with blown v-8 engine, a kenworth with lowboy trailer and cat front end loader, a flatnose kenworth/lowboy with a Cat bulldozer and another blown v-8 engine that I had on a wooden engine stand till it fell off a shelf.

Richie,      :text-bravo:   you have some skills!     :bow-blue:    If you made up a couple dozen Wooden Wheel Horses you could finance your next trip to the "Big Show"!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

19richie66

I’d be too busy making them to come to the show.😂

• Haha 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

@19richie66 Man you do great woodworking .  When you retire , you could set up at the Mouse House as your second career.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19richie66

Thanks Jim....I think I will just set up at my house and play around. I hope to be nowhere close to the house of mouse after I leave.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Haha 4

ZXT

Great pictures and stories, guys!

I forgot to include this one in my post the other day. My grandfather bought this new in 67 on my dad's first day of kindergarten. It has roughly 400k miles on its original (but re-rung a few times) /6 and 3 on the column. This was also the first vehicle I ever drove, and is probably why I don't like automatics. 

Every day it was in use was hard work. I cant find the pictures, but every weekend it would either haul a ton of feed, or with the side boards on, a bull from our place in Texas up to the ranch my grandparents had in Oklahoma. Now days, it gets used pretty lightly, either hauling some feed or brush. 

The first picture was probably mid-70s, with a cousin sitting on the Massey. The second was a few months ago. 

IMG_2926.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

PeacemakerJack

:text-coolphotos: love those old pictures and the great story to go with—thanks

• Like 3

1940willys

Here's one of my Hot Rodded Trucks. 1949 kb1 International. There's a 302cid under the Hood. Oh. that murel behind the truck was at a service station for many years is now painted over, sad.

IMG_0461.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

19richie66

Beautiful 👍

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: @1940willys if you have more pics of that sweet ride, I would love to see them!

• Like 1

Pullstart

Not a truck, but vintage indeed!  This is a 1967 Puch 250.  It’s a “Twingle” cylinder two stroke; two pistons, one combustion chamber, no valves, a spark plug above each piston, the left cap on the fuel tank is a tank in a tank for SAE 30 oil.  This was my great uncle’s in CA, from what we have figured out this is an Austrian bike that must have made it’s way back on a military return home.  Grandpa got it from his brother and it was then given to a family friend, who had it about 15 years.  My mom convinced him to give it back to me, and I’ve had it quite a few years now... maybe 6 or 7, maybe more.  I’ve redun the wiring, got it running a few years back and rode it 12 miles each way to work a few times (on ‘77 plates).  I need to go through it again, but other than wiring and the battery it is all original.  The original tires still hold air and show no real dry rot signs, the kick stand has a perfect balance to keep the weight off the tires.  I’ve had it up to 70 or so and it’s quite smooth too!  I have done pretty extensive research on this bike, and I’ve not seen another Bike stateside with the same air cleaner, gas tank, and seat combo.

E4016F30-9D96-4E7B-A474-5A954B3B41CD.jpeg

4BD3E8B1-D6E7-4CCA-80CC-69642DEE42AC.jpeg

47C79DEC-D138-4034-A253-0EE39D7E76B4.jpeg

01B09F98-964C-4F43-991A-0F8E971EE1EF.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Stormin

They were good motorcycles in their day. My sister had an early 60's Puch Alpine 150cc scooter. Went well and handle well. Far better than the Lambretta's and Vespa's. I think if I remember right, her boyfriend at that time,had a 250 Puch as well.

• Like 1

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, Stormin said:

They were good motorcycles in their day. My sister had an early 60's Puch Alpine 150cc scooter. Went well and handle well. Far better than the Lambretta's and Vespa's. I think if I remember right, her boyfriend at that time,had a 250 Puch as well.

I never thought to ask any of the Euro fellas here if they’ve seen Puch’s around...  they are virtually non-existent here.  If I have found them, the seat, air intake and other tidbits are different for the year.

1940willys

My girlfriends chyropracter has a Puch . It peddles like a bicycle and can be powered up and ridden like a motorcycle. We call them mopeds. And she just told me this after comming back from her last appointment the other day! We've had some unusually warm weather and He rode it to the office. Thats why the subject was brought up! 

• Like 1

Stormin

Most likely a Puch Maxi. 70-80's. Correct with the moped. You pedalled them to start the engine, then off you went.

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

Thank you for sharing those cool vintage trucks from “the other side of the pond”!  I love you little Land Rover too.  It reminds me of the IH Scout pictured above that I grew up with.  Any info that you’d like to share about the above truck brands...I’d be interested to learn...:popcorn:

• Like 2

Stormin

I don't have the Land rover, a 1986 Td 2.5 originally, any more. SWMBO was starting to find it a bit difficult to climb into. It was found in a barn about 20yrs ago. I rescued it, rebuilt it and owned it for around 13yrs. Sad to see it go.

The first Scammell is owned by a chap up in Scotland. He used to go to vintage rallies with it and towed a showman's caravan. He has an interesting collection of tractors.

The model T is also up in Scotland.

Next is a Bedford artic. Late 1940's early 50's. Most likely ex services. Army, navy or RAF. Owner has about 6 I believe.

Below that  1950's Austin/Morris horse box. Used for transporting stationary engines now.

Can't remember the make of the three wheeler. Used in market gardens, farms etc. These were used mainly down south.

After that a Leyland tanker. 1950's.

Another Scammell with Showmans caravan. Probably 1950's.

Next to last I'm not sure of the make, but the living body was built by the owner.

The three Fords are early 1960's.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

chip61

Old trucks are great I don't care where they are-thanks for posting the pics!!!

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

Growing up with a 1966 IH Scout as our families’ primary worker, I have a special place in my heart for those little trucks.  Rarely do you see them in decent original shape for sale here in Wisconsin but this 1965 version showed up recently.  I’m trying to figure out a way that I can buy it...

32CF46C3-1EA8-4E57-9ED9-D4C1F7C2E852.jpeg.a28f4c1afedbc3fc908835d8f2b025cd.jpeg

Merry Christmas to me! Then I wouldn’t see my wife for about two weeks. After two weeks I might begin to see her out of my left eye...:kbutt:

8F228033-8460-4AB8-9E5B-340DC0FA1131.jpeg.aee543e1a8ea2154c626923d1a3f3820.jpeg

Non original wheels of course and late model bucket seats and radio but the claim is little to no rust.

A130FDE3-8722-4500-807B-2BFB11ED0DF2.jpeg.c1dfc2f4c77cb1428546ec30ccf5d345.jpeg

This one has the dual stick transfer case and the flip down windshield.  Notice the u-hook on the hood that catches the latch on the top of the window. These were originally designed to compete directly with the ever popular Jeeps That came to fame during and after the Second World War. They were spartan but tough as nails.  This one has a rebuilt original 152 CID international 4cyl. With 93hp! That won’t win any races!  These were ALL WHEEL drive though with lockers front and back, almost impossible to get them stuck with the right tires.  

Its fun to dream!!! Maybe one day...

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1