PeacemakerJack

Vintage Trucks

Big_Red_Fred

I have this Sweet 2005 Peterbilt 379X, Cat C15 18 speed on 24/5 tires for sale,  comes with its own garage door, 48 foot strick trailer & liftgate with a Cinder Block roof / I beam supported, i'll throw in some hi Viz lights & wiring from the ceiling , a Galaxy CB Radio to Holler at all them Sweet rides across America ! You all Know BRF had to say his 2 cents:twocents-02cents: I know you all Missed my comments hahahahaIMG_06991.jpg.41a4624f10620d8fd80925ae783685d8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

PeacemakerJack

I wondered how long it was going to take for BRF to chime in here!  We missed ya—but not anymore...:greetings-wavegreen:

boy—that looks like an expensive day at the office!!!

• Like 2

chip61

Yea, I'd say somebody had a really bad day!!!

squonk
On 1/7/2018 at 7:26 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

You want me to get killed twice ? One for another El and the second time "just because"

@WVHillbilly520H When did the 1st gen Colorado  come out  ? I looked at Weki whatever and never really go a straight answer, Didn't GM stop production of the midsize pickups for a couple of years?

I had an 05 Colorado. Nice looking truck but even though I'm a GM guy I was disappointed. AC wasn't effective. 3.5  engine underpowered,frt. brakes were a pain. I kept getting offers for extending the engine warranty for valve problems . Finally it got old enough no warranty was offered again. The fast idle went away and shortly after the check engine light came on . Took it to the dealer and it had a cylinder 3 misfire. They couldn't find out why except it had excessive cylinder leakage. Got quoted $3500 for the repair. I declined it and started the engine. Fast idle was back and check engine light was off. Drove it for 2 months with no issues but wondering if the engine would last. Sold it to a guy in PA. Telling him everything. He drove it 3 more years before he wrecked it on ice. He sent me pics of the remains.

• Like 4

PeacemakerJack

:text-goodpost: thanks for sharing that super sweet ad.  Looks just about like your truck on the first page of this thread...

• Like 1

Achto
1 minute ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Looks just about like your truck on the first page of this thread...

Yep, my old truck was a 2nd generation '55, first gen '55 GM trucks looked like the '49 -'54 trucks.  This body style was a big change for GM and it was not introduced until half way through 1955.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Here's the PETA special...

from a local C/L ad.  :blink:

00J0J_jbyWCA6L9yb_1200x900.jpg.4f13754e800d3e50ca1505ced0b65d2a.jpg00f0f_fCWxmZVX7P0_1200x900.jpg.3598cf1616a0baa7cf77eda4f3376f56.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

c-series don

Is that truck called the "Trappers Delight"? 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

AMC RULES

No...it's a PETA (People who Eat Tasty Animals)...special deluxe. Image result for shotgun smiley gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

PeacemakerJack

Was at the chiropractor on Friday waiting for Caleb to get an adjustment when I found myself rummaging through the magazines on the table next to me when this front cover caught my eye...

0FCC5CDD-4E3A-4127-8CEE-B2DDBFE19774.jpeg.aebc7d61587eb9847976d8ccb601e648.jpeg

Here is a brand new magazine yet as the centerpiece of the front cover, they don’t use a brand new Ford, GM, or Dodge but instead choose to use a classic 1976 IH Scout II!!!!  Vintage trucks just seem to get better with age unless used, abused, and discarded like this 1966 Scout...

9147A737-AB08-4010-85D9-588D34448E2D.jpeg.833de6ffe601374185372be10836d7fd.jpeg

EC60DEEE-5685-4B52-AE8B-32EDC2BFC18F.jpeg.76797eb788c09691e880ebcacf174f8e.jpeg

that I came across while junk yard scrounging for much needed brake hard parts for my 1995 Chevy.  It’s always hard to see them picked over like this.  But when I see a great example like the one above, I’m amazed At the feeling that they give to a cover, ad, music video, film, or TV show.  Advertizers know this and that is why they still use 40, 50, and even 60 year old vehicles in their copy. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

bc.gold
On 1/3/2018 at 7:12 PM, ebinmaine said:

Then there's my favorite :

Old Macks

I love old Mack trucks, once got a steal of a deal from a gravel outfit in BC. Tandem with a fresh in-frame, new tires and a really nice aluminum Nahaani gravel box. The guys on the job-site were bugging me one day about the truck then I asked a few of the others what engines and transmissions they had in their Western Stars, Peterbuilts, Kenworths, Fords and Whites, after getting the answers I had expected pointed over to my old Mack.

Said see that truck over there, as far as I'm concerned it's the only real truck on this job as it's Mack bumper to bumper. My truck had the gold Bulldog.

A gold-plated bulldog indicates the truck was made with a Mack produced drive train, engine, transmission and drive axles.

Once I had lugged the engine down then just before stalling out engaged the clutch. the windshield was immediately covered in oil coming out of the oil bath air cleaner. The engine was now running backwards, a quick pull on the engine stop with a restart fixed the problem.

Borrowed your picture.

14532761140-dc2c664d45-b-jpg-d2bc23430d5

0000361-gold-bulldog-paperweight.jpg

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

bc.gold

Just up the road from me there's an old International pick up that I'm think of making an offer on, my last project was a 1956 R160 3 ton that I stuffed an LT1 350 small block into on propane and converted the flat-deck with a telescopic hoist and a hydraulic 8,000 pound winch run off of 12 volt electric spools with an umbilical cord.

The hydraulic pump came from a commercial fishing boat, two belts on a magnetic clutch that I had mounted onto the engine, the trickiest part of the small block transplant was figuring out how to make the clutch linkage work as the International pulls  from behind the fulcrum rather than push from the front.

Truck was sandblasted, painted with Endura in Emerald green with Perl then a clear coat. Endura in my mind is the best paint money can buy but you need breathing apparatus to apply this paint as it's nasty stuff http://www.endura.ca/

inter.png

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Razorback

I think I will add our two vintage trucks.... the 1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke (136,000 miles) is mine, the 1981 Ford Bronco is my wife’s (10,000,000 miles?). 

I am the second owner of my truck, got it about 8 years ago with 70K miles on it. It is one of the very first 7.3L PowerStrokes made, with a build date of Sept 1994. It is almost bone stock: no chip, no modified air intake. I replaced the #4 fuel injector a year ago.... I don’t think it had been working right since I bought the truck, but it failed entirely over the years. I don’t think it was spraying fuel like it should. Noticable difference at idle, at slow speed, and especially when towing.  I have added a 45K BTU transmission oil cooler, and an FS-2500 bypass oil filter to super-filter the oil. The FS-2500 filter is not used to extend oil change intervals.... just to really clean the oil. Since the engine uses high-pressure oil to fire the injectors, I figured it would be a good idea. I do drive it to work, but it is mainly used to tow our 1987 Avion 34W travel trailer.

The Bronco has had I don’t know how many owners.... 3 that I know of, including me. The previous owner painted it blue.... started life as brown. It has a new 302 and a C6 transmission. I have replaced just about everything except the transmission. It has an awesome aluminum radiator and a thermostatically-controlled electric fan in lieu of the fan on the water pump. I replaced the entire brake system except for the brake lines and the proportioning valve. Also added an intermittent wiper control module that came from a 1979 F250. It has a new AC compressor, and I installed a nice Sony stereo. Nothing fancy, but it is a decent one. Replaced the u-joints, and replaced the front drive shaft. Still need to replace the rubber gaskets around the rear window and the tailgate. It is pretty much NO-tech, which makes it GOLDEN in my book!

REALLY like both of them

6B3CD5D7-F5CA-4E10-B6E3-8300A6C4D8DF.jpeg

A1D254EF-4F62-4F7E-869D-730A728CC949.jpeg

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Razorback said:

It is pretty much NO-tech, which makes it GOLDEN in my book!

REALLY like both of them

Agreed.

I like those '80 - '96/7 Fords a lot as well.

I've had several over the years and had fantastic luck with them.

Next truck I buy won't be for 3 or 4 years... It'll most likely be a 92 - 95 F with a 300-6 & 5 speed.

LOVE the straight 6 overall. Also like the GM 292 but those never had fuel injection.

• Like 4

Razorback

Feel free to drop several of those loads in my back yard!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

C-85

I love WVHillbilly's C30We had a '74 GMC C30 with a 350, 4sp standard and a large stake body with a hyd. power tailgate that got us through, but having a 454 would have been a lot better.

Some say that the 1 ton truck is the most abused truck there's ever been!  I can say that we totally over loaded and abused ours.  We broke lots of leaf springs, broke some wheels and even had the lug studs shear off once.  We had that truck for years and after 3 engines and 3 hundred something thousand miles finally got rid of it, mainly because the frame had such bad rust.

I think WVHillbilly's is a nice truck and it looks like it might be somewhere near rust free, at least the body looks good!

Thanks for sharing this beauty :)

• Like 4

C-85

I thought I'd put out a couple of pictures of my antiques. As I wrote a while ago I had a '88 Chevy, but that's gone now :(.

We still have a '79 1/4 ton SUV and a '71 2 1/2 ton cargo truck, both of them are Jeeps!  So we have little Jeep and big Jeep :)IMG_0136.JPG.4386a888a2c86c65f2d6639275de890b.JPG408939150_5-18MemorialDayParadeinNorwichVTwiththeM35.jpeg.fef381c12d535e1d78cf013cbd6d7bcc.jpeg978188517_M35withrearmountedflag6-18.JPG.9974d4bb7336930c91265d01c1835def.JPGIMG_2003.JPG.2fbc3b2aecc98e993917c44335bbdb0e.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

cschannuth

I love all the pics of the great machines you guys have.  Mine aren't really that old but I love trucks and have owned all the major brands over the years.  I guess I'm a Ford guy but I've always wanted a Jeep and International pick up.  The  first one below is a '94 F250 that's been retired to a parade queen.  My wife found this for sale near where she worked when it was about a year old and she actually told me about it because she liked the looks of it.  I'm a manual transmission guy and this is an auto but we looked at it and drove it and liked it.  It has the big block in it so it runs pretty good.  I've always been lucky enough to have a company truck for work so it didn't rack up too many miles.  It has just over 90k on it and it is all original except for tires and one set of new brakes.  It was used to tow our camper and for wood cutting on the weekends.

The second is an '83 Ranger my son bought off Fleabay a few years ago.  It belonged to a gentleman who bought it new.  He was older and his health didn't allow him to drive it any longer.  He lived in Arkansas and I guess they don't use salt so it was rust free except for the surface rust it has from sitting under a tree for the last few years.  My son wanted something nicer so I bought it from him and put the tires and wheels on it I had in the garage not being used.  It's a V-6 (I have a 5.0 I plan to swap in it someday) with a 4 speed and the AC still works.  It's fun and folks get a kick out of it  when they see us running around in it.

image.png.dd8337d637657e9961859181e0205f0e.png

image.png.7a9f4d1663a6ff715923767dd2b24fcf.png

image.png.d3de59b44a6c17a07c150b909f9c6f41.png

image.png.e3c3ff90df37c7595114e11c7c416c2f.png

Edited by cschannuth
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

@cschannuth

Couple NICE rigs there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cschannuth
Just now, ebinmaine said:

@cschannuth

Couple NICE rigs there.

Thanks, Eric

• Thanks 1

bc.gold

I approached the owner of this Ford during the summer months inquiring if it could be purchased. I love old Ford Flathead V8's but this one is not meant to be mine.

ford.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 5