PeacemakerJack

Vintage Trucks

Achto
4 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Resto mod no doubt.

Yes, total custom. I should have taken a pic of the interior. The vintage Craftsman tool box center counsel was an awesome touch.

• Like 1

dmoore

No kidding!

• Like 1

dmoore
11 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

313F318A-DAB3-4610-A70A-5CE5D23F05B6.jpeg

095AF60B-5186-43F6-9085-74838F17E2E6.jpeg

55?

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

Horse Newbie
1 hour ago, dmoore said:

55?

Not sure… it is my wife’s cousins’…

1995 520H+96+97

1956,  1 year only for the doors.

• Like 4

ebinmaine

IMG_20220523_071031026_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Rob J.
On 5/22/2022 at 8:38 PM, dmoore said:

55?

Ford baby!

• Like 1

dmoore

I will tell you this, I am a Mopar muscle car man but love the older Ford trucks! I have owned a 64 & 65. Actually looking for a nice 66 currently.  

• Like 1

D_Mac

I know my truck isn't vintage or even a classic, but you would be hard pressed to find a nicer one that has spent its whole life in New York. Down south you may see some rust free trucks but up here they are few and far between. The road salt just eats them up. 2004 Chevy Silverado. Standard cab, short box. Don't see many. 34,000 original miles. Just had new rear calipers,  rotars, and pads installed Tuesday. Clean inside and out.

20220405_182957.jpg

20220405_183054.jpg

20220405_183014.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

c-series don

@dmac What’s the secret to that? 

• Like 1

8ntruck

@D_Mac your truck is riding on one of my projects.  I was the plant tooling engineer that helped bring those wheels into production.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

cschannuth
On 5/22/2022 at 1:49 PM, dmoore said:

How about a 1969 C20 396 CST with 21,000 miles, pwr brakes, steering & AC?

Factory tach too?  Really nice. 

• Like 2

D_Mac
9 hours ago, c-series don said:

@dmac What’s the secret to that? 

Secret is that it sat for 12 years. Previous owner called a junk yard to come take it a way. The junk yard was owned by my nieces husband family. My mother paid the junk price on the truck and my niece's husband repaired it while I was in the hospital for months being treated for cancer. He replaced all the brake, tranny, gas lines. Put those wheels on. Changed fluids.. etc. At that time it had 17,000 miles on it. They surprised me with it while I was recovering. Gave me something to look forward to for when I finally went home. I went in the hospital in February and didn't get home until June. Then in July I had 33 rounds of radiation to my neck and face. Every round, every day, I drove there in my new truck. That truck inspired me to get better. I couldn't wait to get out of the hospital to see it. That was back in 2019. I'm still driving that truck to my many doctors visits. I'm still battling cancer for the 3rd time. In November they removed a tumor on one of my kidneys. Never take your heath for granted. It all can change so fast. Love my family for not only giving me the truck but more importantly helping me pull through a nightmare I never would wish on to anyone. So as the window decal says on the back of that truck...... F#CK CANCER 

20220405_183054.jpg

• Excellent 4
  • Heart 4

dmoore
On 5/27/2022 at 6:53 AM, cschannuth said:

Factory tach too?  Really nice. 

Tach yes

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I saw this beautiful old girl today at a truck stop where I pulled in to fuel up.

Younger fella, maybe 35 or 40 at the most, was driving it.

I don't know enough about the older vintages of Pete's to tell you what year but I would guess sometime in the 70s or 80s.

Couple of interesting things to note.

Specialty freight hauler and you know that because the fifth wheel pin is set so far forward on the trailer. That means he hauls light freight all the time.

The air and electric connection from the trailer to the truck is not at the back of the sleeper like most. It comes out at the very back of the truck where the plate is that holds the tail lights for the tractor. Goes up into the bottom of the trailer from there.

No grease/oil stains that I could see, or fuel marks around the fuel fill neck on the tank.

Some interesting character color and surface rust on the frame but nothing serious anywhere.

Guy was wiping down his mirrors and glass. Apparently a well maintained older rig.

1217923128_IMG_20220531_1022419182.jpg.4142a7aa0348fea8f4b4e585ee0f7636.jpg

Edited by ebinmaine
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

OutdoorEnvy

@D_Mac that’s a great truck and great story to go with it!  Makes it all the better.  I’ve got an 04 silverado I don’t plan to part with unless maybe for my son in 6 years when he’s driving.  I think that’s about the last true DIY truck generation for maintenance and repairs from GM.  I’d be on the lookout for nice 3/4 ton of same generation if that happens.  

Praying for you and keep your spirits high in that truck as you fight the good fight! 

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

JCM

Some pictures from this weekends show at Owls Head Maine. Don't think I have seen a J-10 jeep in this condition for many years and shortbed/ stepside at that. Also some really nice GM square bodies as well.

IMG_0973 (1).JPG

IMG_0974_(1).JPG

IMG_0975 (1).JPG

IMG_0976 (1).JPG

IMG_0977 (1).JPG

IMG_0978 (1).JPG

IMG_0980 (1).JPG

IMG_0979_(1).JPG

IMG_0981 (1).JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, JCM said:

Some pictures from this weekends show at Owls Head Maine.

GM square bodies.

1 hour ago, JCM said:

IMG_0976 (1).JPG

Thanks for posting this Jim.  

The very dark green color of this one was particularly nice.  

There were several very nice trucks. 

One was a late 50s vintage that had a 302 cubic inch straight six. Hood wasn't open unfortunately.  

61187690_IMG_20220717_0839292.jpg.fe260317de6eb046e4431b59e2c4de4a.jpg

• Like 4

Horse Newbie
2 hours ago, JCM said:

Some pictures from this weekends show at Owls Head Maine. Don't think I have seen a J-10 jeep in this condition for many years and shortbed/ stepside at that. Also some really nice GM square bodies as well.

IMG_0973 (1).JPG

IMG_0974_(1).JPG

IMG_0975 (1).JPG

IMG_0976 (1).JPG

IMG_0977 (1).JPG

IMG_0978 (1).JPG

IMG_0980 (1).JPG

IMG_0979_(1).JPG

IMG_0981 (1).JPG

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in those square bodies…

• Like 2

Beap52

I have certainly enjoyed looking at the trucks featured.  Here is my daily driver. It's a  1992 GMC, K2500. I still do a few house repairs and carry my tools in it. I am the second owner. It's a original paint, rust free truck with 220,000 miles. Every couple of years I spray the inside of the fenders and the underbody with penetrol. It's a linseed oil base product that is used in oil based paint to help level out brush marks.  I read several years ago that it was also used to help prevent rust.  I just spray it on with a pump-up sprayer.  Like others have mentioned,  I spend about as much time washing what can't be seen as much as the exterior.

Behind the truck is a 1983 Holiday Rambler, Alumalite camper. I rebuilt it a little over 3 years ago.

I tell folks, "It's an almost 40 year old camper being pulled by a 30 year old truck driven by a 70 year old man." 

DSC00148.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

dmoore

Cool stuff right there!

• Like 3

ebinmaine

Here's a couple I saw at job sites this morning.  

Can't tell you much about the military one other than obviously it's a five ton.

That old square bodied Mack. I do love seeing older vehicles put right to work.

IMG_20220811_082736071.jpg

IMG_20220811_085501583_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

Rob J.

Looks like a 6x6, would be nice to have. 😜

• Like 2

ebinmaine

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this ancient camper motorhome bus deal thing. Parked by the water at a lakefront home. Plugged in and running this morning. Looks about 3 weeks older than dirt ... it's pretty cool to see it being used. 

IMG_20220930_090929261_HDR.jpg.c1494a04716bec94397173e11edd682b.jpg

• Like 2