PeacemakerJack

Vintage Trucks

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I can’t imagine life without a truck...  I think I’ve had one since I was 17 just outta high school.  It was a ‘99 Dodge 1500 Sport regular cab short box.  That 318 with 2” true dual straight pipes sure would cackle!  

I have a utility trailer so I've been able to get around it for a few years but I'm sure looking forward to having a full size truck bed.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
On 3/13/2020 at 7:39 AM, ebinmaine said:

I have a utility trailer so I've been able to get around it for a few years but I'm sure looking forward to having a full size truck bed.

Kind of like the old saying for engines (before turbos lit up the industry) “There’s no replacement for displacement!” Applies to pickup beds too... unless you’re at the big show and get purchasing sensory overload with a little blue truck!

4F9DDFE8-ACBC-4B78-B0D9-FCB9B0D8212C.jpeg

Edited by pullstart
Picture
  • Haha 3

Cvans

I know it ain't cool but I sure like an 8 foot bed and just a regular cab. So nice to haul long things with the tailgate closed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, Cvans said:

I know it ain't cool but I sure like an 8 foot bed and just a regular cab. So nice to haul long things with the tailgate closed. 

I don't care if that's cool or not. I wouldn't own a short bed.

• Like 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, Cvans said:

49 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I don't care if that's cool or not. I wouldn't own a short bed.

Yeah, I was a teenager with a pickup.  I could fit my quad in the back.  No girl in my life.  I didn’t need anything more.  Oh how wrong could I be...

• Like 2

roadapples
5 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Reeeeeeeally lookin forward to having a truck again in a couple years....

I haven't owned a car for 35 years

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, roadapples said:

I may have to start idolizing you...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

AHS
5 hours ago, pullstart said:

I can’t imagine life without a truck...  I think I’ve had one since I was 17 just outta high school.  It was a ‘99 Dodge 1500 Sport regular cab short box.  That 318 with 2” true dual straight pipes sure would cackle!  

I had a friend that had the same thing, except it was a 360... with straight pipes... wow..was that loud!! Not as good as good as @pullstart Not even by a long shot!! The 305 and 350’s sound amazing!! 😁👍

• Like 2

AHS
2 hours ago, Cvans said:

Amen!! ^^^^ I had an 89 S10 long box (4.3 700R4 2wd) don’t she suck in the snow!! A 95 rclb with a 4.3 that I changed to a 350. An 01 gmc rclb with a 4.8...that’s it for long beds!

• Like 1

JCM

Hard to imagine life without a pickup truck, had my first one at 17 myself and now at 61 still feel like a kid when I turn the key on the 2500 HD.

• Like 5

Tractorhead
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Yeah, I was a teenager with a pickup.  I could fit my quad in the back.  No girl in my life.  I didn’t need anything more.  Oh how wrong could I be...

You where young, that‘s normal..😂👍

• Haha 2

AHS

I mean gas prices are telling me that I should have a an 86 K20 454 4 speed.... 

D2E067A6-94F0-4A3F-AE87-84ADB322A2CE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Cvans

I think your going to see prices go a lot lower if things don't get straightened out soon.  

AHS
11 hours ago, Cvans said:

I think your going to see prices go a lot lower if things don't get straightened out soon.  

Yup. As scary as it is. The University of Maine is shut down completely. The sportsman’s show, which I am a part of is cancelled. Its gonna mean a lot of revenue lost for the area. Now onto trucks and tractors!!😁

• Like 1

Pullstart

I went with my FIL yesterday to pick this guy up.  It’s a ‘79 C-30 extended wheelbase ramp truck.  The 350/SM465 3 speed+creeper gear was a blast from the past when I got the offer from him to drive it home!  It’s got 85k on the ticker and runs good... just needs a tune up, a brake job and some wiring.  I sent it up the highway at 70 mph just a singing a song with no smoke, no temp issues just a big ‘ole smile on my face!

B3861614-FE75-407E-A31E-33F2B4BCD381.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 3

ebinmaine

Back about 20 years ago there was a similar truck to that around here.

It was red with a black bed and a 4 door real live CREW cab.

Never knew what the drivetrain was.

It came up for sale at one point but it was pretty rough/rusty...

Pullstart
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Back about 20 years ago there was a similar truck to that around here.

It was red with a black bed and a 4 door real live CREW cab.

Never knew what the drivetrain was.

It came up for sale at one point but it was pretty rough/rusty...

Even this one has a monster turn radius, I can’t imagine the time getting another set of doors turning!

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

Even this one has a monster turn radius, I can’t imagine the time getting another set of doors turning!

Yeah but I drive 35 to 40 foot trucks for a living.....

Some of which ya have to plan your turns well in advance.

It's all good.

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Yeah but I drive 35 to 40 foot trucks for a living.....

Some of which ya have to plan your turns well in advance.

It's all good.

I hit send, then remembered who I’m talkin’ to and what he does!  This one, the power steering sure tells you when you’ve hit full lock.  Squeeeeeeeeal squeeeeeek squeeeeeeek!  I forgot to say, it has hydroboost brakes too!

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
10 hours ago, pullstart said:

I went with my FIL yesterday to pick this guy up.  It’s a ‘79 C-30 extended wheelbase ramp truck.  The 350/SM465 3 speed+creeper gear was a blast from the past when I got the offer from him to drive it home!  It’s got 85k on the ticker and runs good... just needs a tune up, a brake job and some wiring.  I sent it up the highway at 70 mph just a singing a song with no smoke, no temp issues just a big ‘ole smile on my face!

B3861614-FE75-407E-A31E-33F2B4BCD381.jpeg

Now Kev why was I not informed of this sooner? All joking aside I do believe that ones wheel base does look a bit longer than my "dump" truck...

20200102_165036.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Zeek

This was my Ford F150 which, like most of us, I wish I still had . . . . it needed a new bed like most from that era. I scored a non-rust bed in Lancaster, PA. Fortunately, I worked for a body shop part-time and could use their facilities.

DSC01326.JPG.506411bbbf36e8bec9266cb3928896e5.JPGDSC01329.JPG.d3067460af1d285931aa200c52f1c1f2.JPG

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
On 3/13/2020 at 12:11 PM, roadapples said:

You know Mr. Jay, I haven’t owned anything for 35 years...  :hide:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

dells68

Guess I’ve gotten older with different tastes now, but I really dig a Ram with a camper top.  You get the best of both worlds.  Four doors to haul your family and friends, a huge dry place to haul cargo, and can pull a good sized trailer for those loads too big for the bed.  Used to think toppers were for old men - not anymore - even us almost 15 errrr 50 year olds are digging them!  Wait, guess I am getting old!:ROTF::icecream:

• Haha 1

bc.gold
On 9/1/2019 at 5:03 PM, bcgold said:

The old Dodge truck with the Flathead engine would have had the Industrial T120 with the steel crankshaft.

Coll honey comb radiator.

truck.jpg

truckengine.jpg

truckhorns.jpg

truckradiator.jpg

Any guess's what year this truck is.

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

dells68

1950 or slightly after.  Cool old truck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1