PeacemakerJack

Vintage Trucks

19richie66
22 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

20200122_141304.jpg.7ed2e166ef8c141149f8952d15b4a9fb.jpg

Nice looking ride there!

• Like 1

JCM

Found a few more pics of the 78  F-150 and the 72  F- 100. The 78 is shown will both the winter and summer tires The 86  K-20 is shown with a reading Commercial Cap that I used for a  few years and a pic of where it spent a few years away from the Salt before the garage was built. Can anyone guess what make and model car is sitting behind the F-100 ?

Ford 4.jpg

Ford5.jpg

chevy6.jpg

Chevy 7.jpg

Ford 6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

c-series don

68 Camaro? 

JCM

71 Nova SS  350 4 speed 3.73 posi  Bucket seats vinyl top from the original owner with around 50000 miles   $ 3500.00

Edited by JCM
  • Like 3

JCM

1988 R-30  1 ton  Chassis Cab  factory order with a 454  TBI  2 wheel drive 4 speed manual 4,10 rear locking axle, Scottsdale Option. This truck had basically the same utility body as the one pictured on page 18 only this was a steel body and the one on the 02  K-3500 was Aluminum, both built by Reading. These were both lettered with Company name, license #'s etc with a painted by hand lettering job by a local guy who also did many Hot Rods, pinstripe work etc. This truck had a MPG of 5.3 when new as it sits and  after break-in with body and loaded with tools, material etc never got more than 7.3 but to be expected for what it was. Great truck in the snow with those bias ply tires and did those rear tires ever sing on the Highway.

Chevy 5.jpg

Chevy 4.jpg

Chevy 3.jpg

• Excellent 5
  • Heart 1

WVHillbilly520H

My 1979 C30 Scottsdale 454 4spd had factory A/C and A.I.R. pump still installed when I bought it 2 years ago...  Floor pans and doors replaced as well as the primer ... I feel your pain in the MPG department but not so lucky in the traction department even with 6 brand new tires. 3 ton of stone or 2 cord of wood doesn't seem to phase it much.

20200102_165036.jpg

20191109_143012_HDR.jpg

20200105_074835.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Excellent 5

JCM

As nice as the 88 R-30 was sometimes things have a bad ending as you can see here. I am fortunate to be able to post this. I was at a red light at a four way intersection and when the light turned green I motioned to the car across from me to go first and he waved back for me to go so I let the clutch out in second gear and got T -  Boned by a 10 wheel box truck with a Thermo-King refer unit that ran the red light and that totaled the 88. Luckily I got hit from the left fender forward and not into the door because it would have turned out quite different. If you look between the cab and the body on the drivers side you can see about a 6'' gap and on the other side you can see a 2'' gap, it bent the frame that much that the rear bumper started to rip off the body. For a truck that I had 25000.00 into I received 5000.00 from the insurance company and the 02 K3500 with the aluminum body was close to 48000.00 once completed and put into service. Someone was looking out for me that day and for some reason still wanted me around.

accident 1.jpg

accident 2.jpg

Accident 3.jpg

accident.jpg

truck  6.jpg

truck  8.jpg

Truck 1.jpg

• Sad 8

rjg854

Sorry to see that happen to your truck, but I thinking you came through unscathed.  That's a good thing!

• Like 1

WHX??

Awesome Jim... why do I get the notion those SS lines have some very custom bends! Never was a long box fan but that one might turn me! :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

JCM

Actually I do have a set of benders from 1/4'' to 3/4'' but those lines were a complete kit, some of them I had to ship to NY for them to replicate, I figured that being stainless steel better left to the pros. I did pay a premium for those if I remember correctly. I actually like shortbeds myself but wanted to use a truck camper so I went with the 8' bed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AHS
On 2/1/2020 at 6:35 AM, JCM said:

1988 R-30  1 ton  Chassis Cab  factory order with a 454  TBI  2 wheel drive 4 speed manual 4,10 rear locking axle, Scottsdale Option. This truck had basically the same utility body as the one pictured on page 18 only this was a steel body and the one on the 02  K-3500 was Aluminum, both built by Reading. These were both lettered with Company name, license #'s etc with a painted by hand lettering job by a local guy who also did many Hot Rods, pinstripe work etc. This truck had a MPG of 5.3 when new as it sits and  after break-in with body and loaded with tools, material etc never got more than 7.3 but to be expected for what it was. Great truck in the snow with those bias ply tires and did those rear tires ever sing on the Highway.

Chevy 5.jpg

Chevy 4.jpg

Chevy 3.jpg

I don’t care what the mileage is.... I’d still be driving it with a smile from ear to ear!!! (With flowmasters... duh!!)💪👍😁

• Like 2

AHS

This is my 71 C10 120k, with a strong 250 I6, 3 OTT. The frame has all been CRC rust converter painted on, primer and rust o leum industrial black paint. Coils springs on all 4 sides. New rear coils, shocks, trailing arms. On the motor; new fuel pump, spark plug, wires and a carb.. still points...they haven’t given me any issues yet. Running out of a gas can (the tanks gone) and another one has been bought that sits in between the rear frame rails. The mufflers got some holes in it (first on the list!) No joke, 71’s sat all winter, put the battery in, carb dry, put the hose in non ethanol gas and turned the key... 30 secs later she was fired up; let it warm up for 4-5 minutes and then she idled down... it just amazes me that the truck has 120k!!

28214B66-A8E9-4636-9F83-A199549BF6AA.jpeg

F0CAA316-1901-4C84-99D4-155469DF4246.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

AHS

This is another one of underhood. You can see the ground...not so much on today’s vehicles!

B3EE5408-9E3D-4B60-A072-A41A41318E77.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
17 minutes ago, AHS said:

This is another one of underhood. You can see the ground...not so much on today’s vehicles!

B3EE5408-9E3D-4B60-A072-A41A41318E77.jpeg

You can pull an engine or transmission in about an hour too!  Not so much with new vehicles :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

AHS

Ahah! I finally got it, or my wife set it up!😁👍 here is the 71 running at 32 degrees, not running for more than 6 min at most.

• Like 4

JCM

Old Bowties never die, you just preserve them for the next owner.

• Like 4

Cvans

Do that poor old engine a favor and get a decent air filter for it. Shame to be choking up a good engine. 

• Like 2

Pullstart

Sounds good!  I’d like to drop a stovebolt into my C-10, but the 350 still purrs just fine for the time being.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

AHS
5 hours ago, Cvans said:

Do that poor old engine a favor and get a decent air filter for it. Shame to be choking up a good engine. 

I know! That was just a quick and easy drop on. From the old carb, there was nothing for a filter arrangement. I wanted to protect the new carb with something.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

You guys ah Killin me.

• Haha 1

AHS
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

You guys ah Killin me.

What?! 😁

AHS

Sounds nice and healthy! 😁 @pullstart

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
21 minutes ago, AHS said:

What?! 😁

Reeeeeeeally lookin forward to having a truck again in a couple years....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
44 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Reeeeeeeally lookin forward to having a truck again in a couple years....

I can’t imagine life without a truck...  I think I’ve had one since I was 17 just outta high school.  It was a ‘99 Dodge 1500 Sport regular cab short box.  That 318 with 2” true dual straight pipes sure would cackle!  

• Like 2