Horse's ass

After 65inches of snow in a few days, my horse keeps getting stuck with the blower.  I’m wondering if the 12in wheel weights sold by craftsman or other manufacturers are compatible with my standard rear wheels on my c161.  Will the holes line up?  Thanks and Happy New Year!

• Like 1

roadapples

Yes

• Like 1

Horse's ass

Thanks!

Ed Kennell
6 hours ago, Horse's ass said:

After 65inches of snow in a few days

Any pictures?

lynnmor

What am I missing?  Ain’t the holes much closer together than what is required?

Cee245

I right there with you @Horse's ass

I'm in North East and we have about 8 more inches today with lots more in the forecast!  Just crazy...

As for your question, all I have to offer is that my weighs are off a 2005 husqvarna garden tractor.  Sorry not much help.

Cory

Edited by Cee245

c-series don

Ed's right, we are going to need pictures. You definitely sparked my interest when you said C-161. Is it an automatic or an 8-speed? Briggs twin or kohler single cylinder? I know this doesn't help your wheel weight problem but we love pictures of Wheel Horses here. I would verify the bolt pattern before ordering crapsman weights. Someone here may have a set of the concrete filled plastic weights to sell you for a reasonable price. If you're looking for period correct cast iron weights they do come up for sale occasionally but they usually go for around $200-250! Good luck, oh did I mention pictures?!! 

KC9KAS

@Horse's ass    Just about any garden tractor wheel weight made for the common 12" rims will work.

You folks in the North East have my sympathy having to deal with all that snow.

Oh, and :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

Edited by KC9KAS
  • Like 5

953 nut

:WRS:      In addition to wheel weights you can fill your rear tires with RV antifreeze. There are threads on here showing ho it is done. the amount you need depends on tire size. Take a look at this chart.

SIZE                 GALLONS                WEIGHT in POUNDS

• 16x6.50-8               2.0                            21.4
  • 18x7.00-8               3.0                            32.1 
  • 18x8.50-8               3.4                            36.4 
  • 18x9.50-8               4.0                            42.8
  • 23x8.50-12             5.5                            58.9
  • 23x10.50-12           6.8                            72.8
  • 6-12                        3.6                            38.5
  • Thanks 1

Tankman

The filled plastic weights will fit your Horse. You can make some wheel weights using brake drums with concrete fill. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Wheel_Weights.jpg.5a98f0f645556cb89fef3deb0df2900e.jpg

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• t_furl43
      By t_furl43
      A Wheelhorse C-165 8 speed, nice solid tractor everything works and operates as it should, all lights works(stack will be removed before sale)unknown hours it was only an option for the 165, but the 16hp single lung cast iron K series motor starts right up and runs strong. It will need new motor mounts. Transmission shifts smooth, package comes with plow w/optional down pressure bar if you choose instead of your trunnions chain, a set of tire chains, a set of Toro brand front wheel weights and a set of generic rear wheel weights, and lastly a full set of hub caps that are in decent shape they can be cleaned up, $1000 obo. Would like to sell as package but if the right buyer was interested in the right combo of stuff for the right amount of money we could work something out. Pickup only in Millersville PA 17551

• Ifixoldjunk
      By Ifixoldjunk
      so I spent a few hours today welding up a custom front weight bracket for my 310-8. It has two and a half inches of ground clearance with a generic 12 inch weight bolted on. 

so the question is, how well do y’all think the 300 series front axle will hold the weight? It’s only 50lbs so it’s lighter than the snowblower it has to hold up in winter so I don’t think I’ll have any problems. And I really don’t intend on using it constantly.
    • Ifixoldjunk
      By Ifixoldjunk
      So I finally got around to finishing my custom bagger mount weight bracket conversion. It seems to hold weight really well.
      all that really went into it was a few pieces of steel tubing and a hunk of bar steel. The long bolts I used came with the weight off amazon. A Briggs and Stratton 50 pounder. I’d like to eventually find a nice cast weight, but for now this works great!
    • Ifixoldjunk
      By Ifixoldjunk
      I had a bit of an idea for my 310-8. I’m thinking about making a weight bracket that kinda slides onto the factory wheel horse bagger mounts. Anyone ever do anything like this before? How much weight do you think the bagger mounts could hold? I probably wouldn’t put anything past 50lbs on it.

Kinda like the modern craftsman weights they mount to the rears of the tractor. I’d figure it’ll help counter balance the blower in winter
    • ebinmaine
      By ebinmaine
      I know this subject has been covered multiple times over the years. We have a lot of new members and many of us like to refresh ourselves too.
      Please feel free to post links to old posts as well.

So what can you share with everyone about plowin' the White stuff??

Common things like what tires and weights.

Why you prefer a certain tractor. (Please Be kind to others as we have different needs and opinions).

What orange/amber lights are required by your local officials while in the road?

How much space do you save for future snow piles?

Is there anything you found that was unplanned for that the rest of us should know?

Whatever you can / care to share.....