CountySmoke

Question on GT 14 for sale

CountySmoke

Hey there, I’m new to the old tractor/ wheel horse world. A guy is selling this GT 14, and I’m curious as to what you guys think it is worth based on your knowledge. He is asking $900. I know it has complete 3 point set up, and PTO. Along with the blade. He says blade is hydraulic. It also comes with the mowing deck in working condition.  According to seller it runs great. I haven’t seen it yet but from the picture it looks like a solid machine. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

E7B3513A-F7CA-4997-8FDA-FC281CAA5B62.jpeg

Edited by CountySmoke
  • Like 4

Aldon

If that is a working 3 point hitch, it’s worth 3-400 by itself. Deck is work at lest a 100. The plow is not correct for it. The GT14 May be set up to use the Hydraulics to lift the plow 3-4 inches or so. Depending on how he has implemented the non wheel horse plow, it may or may not have down pressure.

It has manual rather than electric clutch and it appears to have modified front lights. Depending on how it runs, and the condition of the dash and tunnel plates, 900 May be fair price. Muffler is also not original. 

• Like 3

KC9KAS

@CountySmoke :text-welcomeconfetti: to another Hoosier.

Wheel Horse front blades can be angled right, left, center from the seat. Not sure about the one on this GT14.

I have a GT14 and it has been a "snow pusher" in the past. It is a beast of a tractor!

• Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:       In spite of a few non-Wheel Horse original modifications it looks very good.          :text-coolphotos: 

The GT-14 is a strong pusher and if it runs well and the transmission is strong you will be doing OK at $ 900. Bring a chain with you and tie it off to a tree to see if it will spin the tires in both directions against an immovable object. Depending on the size of your yard it will do a good job of mowing. If you have a small yard with lots of turns it might not be the best choice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sarge

"blade is hydraulic" - means it lifts off the hydraulics via the rock shaft system on the tractor - it's not a power angle setup or anything like that - just fyi ...

Biggest sticking point is the older transmission/pump system - it's an older Sundstrand and if it's in good condition with no issues that's fine , otherwise if it's weak in reverse it will need repaired or replaced and parts aren't cheap . Keep things like that in mind as it needs to be tested when fully hot - especially in reverse .

Prices vary by region/condition/equipment - that 3pt will command a higher price . The non-stock blade , and any possible hacking of the tractor are not a good thing .

Sarge

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

CountySmoke

Thanks for all the good info guys. I would just use it as a utility tractor to push the driveway off, move mulch etc. I wouldn’t be mowing with it. I will go check it out, get it warmed up and see how it runs. Maybe try to get him down on the price a little. Thanks again!

Edited by CountySmoke
  • Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

Since Ya'll on the Gt14, Why on some is there a Alternator Mounted at rear where the 3 point should be ? Does it need to be there ? BRF @953 nutIMG_07301.jpg.cc22f4d83e6a274bafc0514c21194346.jpg

• Confused 1

Sarge

That is a mod for those that can't learn how to fix a stator system , lol....or an aux power source..hmm .

I still want a heavy generator head , belt driven and at least 10kw....for the D .

Sarge

• Haha 1

953 nut

I saw one with an alternator mounted to run a 12 volt sprayer for insecticide spray, might have had a need like that.

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred
11 hours ago, Sarge said:

That is a mod for those that can't learn how to fix a stator system , lol....or an aux power source..hmm .

I still want a heavy generator head , belt driven and at least 10kw....for the D .

Sarge

There's a 4 kw here in pa forsale, on a plate that mounts to front, says it just hangs there, keeps belt tight. You want a number let me know

4 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I saw one with an alternator mounted to run a 12 volt sprayer for insecticide spray, might have had a need like that.

He wants 500 for it, you can see on Clist, name is John, Altoona, Pa / State College, i spoke with him

JimmyJam

:text-welcomeconfetti:  TO :wh: .  Sounds like a strong running machine. For the price, I think you should jump on it. Others may disagree.

• Like 1

953 nut
6 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

He wants 500 for it, you can see on Clist,

If it runs and drives as good as it looks that is a great price.

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

My thought too Richard !

• Like 1

19richie66

Just go buy it. :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2

Sarge

Our power went out again last night for about 20 minutes - temps were -17*F , I am/will get a generator soon . Really want a bigger one that can run the welder(s) when needed and that will help keep them operational instead of just sitting like most do for far too long , then refuse to start or work . We had a bad outage last year that went on for a whole day - luckily it only dropped to 50*F in the house....

Back on subject - did you go after that GT14 ?

Sarge

Big_Red_Fred
11 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Our power went out again last night for about 20 minutes - temps were -17*F , I am/will get a generator soon . Really want a bigger one that can run the welder(s) when needed and that will help keep them operational instead of just sitting like most do for far too long , then refuse to start or work . We had a bad outage last year that went on for a whole day - luckily it only dropped to 50*F in the house....

Back on subject - did you go after that GT14 ?

Sarge

Had him on the phone, you were right he doesn't know how to get Stator swapped out so they installed the Alternator, said he would work with the price, its his since new, go this week, couple hour ride west, add to Farmer Alex Herd, i hate to see any :wh:  Neglected or sitting out doors, i get for a good deal , bring to the Big Show, talk with Alex, see if he wants it or not, But all you Collectors no the answer dont you ? I'll grab that Generator to, maybe some one has use for it ? Run your Horse along the weed burner fence making repairs & in need of a generator ? I know, cordless Tools LOL

Big_Red_Fred
34 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

Had him on the phone, you were right he doesn't know how to get Stator swapped out so they installed the Alternator, said he would work with the price, its his since new, go this week, couple hour ride west, add to Farmer Alex Herd, i hate to see any :wh:  Neglected or sitting out doors, i get for a good deal , bring to the Big Show, talk with Alex, see if he wants it or not, But all you Collectors no the answer dont you ? I'll grab that Generator to, maybe some one has use for it ? Run your Horse along the weed burner fence making repairs & in need of a generator ? I know, cordless Tools LOL

It sold this AM, the GT14, he wanted Cash, Oh Well you snooze, you looze