ztnoo

The First Instances Of Factory Installed Hour Meter On Wheel Horse Tractors

ztnoo

Can anyone tell me when (the year), and what models hour meters began to be factory installed on Wheel Horse tractors?

At what point did they become standard on all Wheel Horse models?

• Like 2

ztnoo

I KNOW someone here has a least a small clue about my question.

So what say you, RS forum members?????

Adams94

Was standard on c195s starting in 1982. Optional on other models that year

• Like 2

ztnoo

Thanks for your input, fellow Hoosier

Animated-Flag-Indiana.gif.03f91aff9a132eb538648ccfc11171a9.gif.

I'm sure it showed up earlier......just don't know when.....

Numbers people, numbers.........

• Like 1

Jerry77

1988  516h didn't have one and not an  option either..so wouldn't be standard by that year...that's all I know....:)

Edited by Jerry77
  • Like 1

520HC

Earliest I have seen was 1974 C series was not located on dash but on top plate of transmission.

• Like 5

ztnoo

Thanks for your input, fellow Hoosiers!

Animated-Flag-Indiana.gif.5205eed9981074182c30698cc75a40ba.gif

44 minutes ago, Jerry77 said:

1988  516h didn't have one and not an  option either..so wouldn't be standard by that year...that's all I know....:)

Thanks for your input, fellow Hoosier!

Animated-Flag-Indiana.gif.dfa3d16ae78656892792f4e17139d4fe.gif

22 minutes ago, 520HC said:

Earliest I have seen was 1974 C series was not located on dash but on top plate of transmission.

Animated-Flag-Indiana.gif.dfa3d16ae78656892792f4e17139d4fe.gif

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 1

c-series don

I've seen one on a B-100 so 1974-77. I'm pretty sure it was an option and not standard equipment. Someone here will know more..... 

ztnoo

Come on all you WH historians.....chime in!!!

It's than freezing your butt off outside here in the midwest......

Racinbob

In 1974 hour meters were standard on the D's and C-160, optional on most other models. :)

I don't see any mention of one prior to that.

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 2

Sarge

Same here , never seen one on any model prior to '74...most of the early hour meters failed as well from the Kohler rattling them to death .

Sarge