Seacrestbf

3 Point Tow Hitch

Seacrestbf

Hello

Can Any One recommend a Good tow hitch for the D200?  For moving boat trailers around, (2" Ball) . Thank youIMG_5966.JPG.d8f9a8aa07eace26d1221751233b81ab.JPG

Edited by Seacrestbf

953 nut

If you had the arms and lift links to the three point there was one on our classified.

Sarge

I use the 3pt and set the chains fairly tight to keep it from swaying into the tire's chains - made my own A frame but even pre-built ones are fairly cheap .

5a451199ea19e_20170604_1511421.jpg.49e3a90e2bbd507ae59a57103ac848a4.jpg

5a4511b45c743_20170604_1512081.jpg.bd641b086fc0a71868d4414509038333.jpg

Plan to build another design for a sort of small equipment wrecker to lift dead machines by their wheels with a swivel plate and adjustable yokes for different tire sizes - like what is used on the highways , just smaller ...

Sarge

• Excellent 1

Seacrestbf

That looks great, the design is very sturdy. The height is nice for trailers, nice touch on the holder for the hitch, it will save your shins. Do you build and sell these?

Thank you

Sarge

No , I don't sell them - it was just one I whipped up in an afternoon to use the D to work on a shed project as basically a wrecker , the shed fell off it's blocking with no floor under it from a storm . There are a ton of these A-frames out there , you could just buy a cheap one and modify it to suit your needs easily or prep the parts , mark where you want them and have a welding shop nail them together cheaply . I guess I could make some copies but it wouldn't be until decent weather here .

Sarge

• Like 1

Seacrestbf
9 hours ago, Sarge said:

No , I don't sell them - it was just one I whipped up in an afternoon to use the D to work on a shed project as basically a wrecker , the shed fell off it's blocking with no floor under it from a storm . There are a ton of these A-frames out there , you could just buy a cheap one and modify it to suit your needs easily or prep the parts , mark where you want them and have a welding shop nail them together cheaply . I guess I could make some copies but it wouldn't be until decent weather here .

Sarge

Thank you, 

Thank you, I will use your as a guide.

Thank for the help.

Brian

• Like 1

Sarge

Just make certain you place the hitch holder square box with enough clearance to the rear panel by the fuel tank - I dented mine pretty good on the first test and had to move it . It would almost work better if it were horizontal instead of vertical . I think I set the holes on the cross bar at 2" centers , it's all 1/4" steel . The short weld-on hitch receivers are available at farm stores and some truck suppliers . I need to add a pair of weld on hooks to the side bars for towing yet , not until spring this year - too cold out and no garage .

Sarge

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

There's a place called cub cadet specialties on the web that sells all kinds of cat "0" 3pt hitch parts, they make those "A" frame trailer hitches, Jeff.

Screenshot_20180106-144953.png

Seacrestbf

Thank you