davidtmercer

Sunstrand hydro running opposite direction

davidtmercer

I am having issues with a Sundstrand Hydro (90-1136) running in the opposite direction,  when moving the lever forward it travels in reverse.  When pulling the lever backward it travels forward.  Any help would be appreciated.

• Confused 1

953 nut

It sounds like a linkage issue. Can you give us a little background on what it was like before this issue appeared. Is the direction lever moving smoothly? I don't remember seeing anything in the manual about this, but take a look, could be they will help.

Sunstrand Hydro (part 1).pdf

Sunstrand Hydro (part 2).pdf

Sunstrand Hydro (part 3).pdf

Sunstrand Hydro (part 4).pdf

• Like 1

pfrederi

If it is a pistion to piston (not a hydro gear) if you put the hydro motor cover on upside down it will operate backwards.  What tractor is this on???

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

mikeeyre74

Yeah, Pfred nailed it. if you took it apart at all and got this thing upsidedown, it'll do that to you. Four bolts, flip it around, and it'll work correctly again. 

Hydro motor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

davidtmercer

Thanks for the replies gentlemen,.  I will try turning the motor.  I received it from an individual who did not know the history.  I had to re-install the pump and currently have it installed on a C-121 and was pleasantly surprised that it moved back and forth with authority but disappointed that it was the opposite of the lever movement (reversing the motor could be a good practical joke if there wasn't any risk of injury, property damage).  Will keep you posted.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Dave,      :wh:             :text-welcomeconfetti:.     Let us know.

Glenn

pfrederi

The webbed side goes up like mikes picture.  The smooth side down

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

davidtmercer

Problem solved.  Thanks again for your assistance.  After picture shown below.  

image.png.5e893c606c03a6a443a6a135cd8109e0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Horse Newbie

My brother and I had an old boat when we were kids. We restored it. The steering wheel pulled on wires/cords which went through pulleys back to the outboard engine. Needless to say we got it wrong and right was left and left was right. Should have seen us trying to pull away from the dock on our inaugural launch.🤣