ebinmaine

Super duty funny And pet-friendly.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Nothing like owning a black dog . I like the boots now if you can just get her to go outside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Big_Red_Fred

Okay, who robbed my work socks out of my dresser ? I'm Beginning to think Eric has some Santa Clause magic dust to shrink himself & go down the Chimneys ! Not mine with fire going so that means its the Cast Iron Terlet Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm 

• Haha 3

KC9KAS

My wife has taken Kleenex and rubber bands and put "socks" on the cat. Way too funny to watch the cat high-step walk!!

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
13 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Nothing like owning a black dog . I like the boots now if you can just get her to go outside.

We were pleasantly surprised at how she reacted after just a few minutes. We brought her outside after she got used to walking on them in the house. She did just fine.

13 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

Okay, who robbed my work socks out of my dresser ? I'm Beginning to think Eric has some Santa Clause magic dust to shrink himself & go down the Chimneys ! Not mine with fire going so that means its the Cast Iron Terlet Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm 

Well, I guess my secrets out.

5 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

My wife has taken Kleenex and rubber bands and put "socks" on the cat. Way too funny to watch the cat high-step walk!!

The things our twisted Minds come up with for cheap entertainment

• Haha 1

tunahead72

Tail wagging the whole time, I love it! :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• shallowwatersailor
      By shallowwatersailor
      This past Wednesday I had to send "My Sweetie Girl" across the Rainbow Bridge at 13 years 2 months. I had rescued Juno 5-1/2 years ago. Looking back those years have flashed by! She has been with us through our move from Maryland to Virginia, and ironically has been 10 miles from the Alaskan Malamute rescue organization I got her from.

Already considered a senior dog when she came home with me on Halloween 2015, Juno aged well. She was healthy to the end but suffered with arthritis in her rear hips. About six months ago dementia became very noticeable crying for no apparent reason at all hours of day and night. This past month saw her losing strength in her front legs as well. The vet had forewarned me that I would need to make the decision. At the end she couldn't do stairs and would walk about five feet and turn to see if we were still there. I spent the last two weeks on a couch to try to sooth her. I've attached a few photos and one of my favorite videos of her during our first winter together.

The best way to pay tribute to a rescue dog is to rescue another dog. We will probably by Fall but in the meantime we'll reflect, grieve, and heal. I really enjoy the Alaskan Malamute breed (Juno was my third) for being a large breed, love of winter, and the talking in place of barking. 

Juno Zooming in the Snow MD.mp4 Juno Zooming in the Snow MD.mp4
    • Sarge
      By Sarge
      Yesterday we had to say good bye to our 13yr old Lab mix - Chopper . My daughter had dragged him home as a puppy and of course talked us into keeping him . He basically kept her busy through grade and high school and stayed here with us after she moved out on her own . In the last couple years he's been slipping mentally - the last few months got to the worst part and the vet just put it down to dementia . He just wasn't the same dog , although some days he'd come out of it and act dead on normal . This past couple of weeks we got almost no sleep and he lost almost 40lbs from being up all night , darting around the house and jumping on the furniture - he was just flat out nuts in the head . Twice in the last few days he got on top of my wife and nearly suffocated her - that was the final straw and he had to go . I'm sure most will recognize him from times I work outside and he's always in the backround along with our German Shepherd Toby - they were best buddies and played together a lot . The Lab was the typical couch potato and loved nothing more than to curl up with me on the couch and watch an afternoon or evening movie or the usual wildlife programs . He was a perfect dog with our grandkids and generally loved people - even the UPS guys . It was one of the toughest days I've ever had but he hasn't been himself in quite a long time - we miss him greatly but last night was the first peaceful night in far too long . I almost regret not taking care of it sooner - never should have let him go that long but it's tough to put down a favorite dog - we'll miss you old friend .

A typical summer play day - the shepherd of course had just dunked his head in the water bucket to cool off from so much running around with his buddy . I hope he adapts ok to his companion being gone - he spent over an hour last night looking for him .

It's almost too quiet in here this morning - normally by now it would be time to take him out and start the daily routine...RIP buddy .

Sarge
    • shallowwatersailor
      By shallowwatersailor
      While growing up in the '50s, one of the TV shows I would enjoy was "Sgt. Preston of the Yukon, and his mighty dog, King."  I developed a real liking of the Northern Breeds. And after my good buddy, Oke', crossed the Rainbow Bridge three months ago, I wanted to pay tribute to him by adopting and saving another stray that was at kill shelter.

(This was actually taken on one of our walks! Little did I realize...)

Yesterday I adopted Juno from the Chesapeake Area Alaskan Malamute Protection (CHAAMP) organization. Juno was rescued from a kill shelter in Northern Virginia by CHAAMP. She is seven years old, and has been on sensory overload since coming home to her new surroundings. She stands about two inches shorter than Oke' and is about twenty pounds lighter. She still eats as much as he did though! This morning we saw the neighborhood domesticated deer with her two fawns. Juno will need to learn to not bother them. Today we will shop for a new leash and harness for my new pal. Something "Pink." for my sweetie.

Let's go home! Ready to leave CHAAMP.

Look how nice I can sit!

Mrs. Sailor and Juno bonding.

Wanna play?