ebinmaine

Take a look-see here... Can anyone identify these old machines?

C-101plowerpower

i'd say holt/catapillar on the first two

• Like 1

Sparky

Really makes you appreciate paved roads! 

• Like 4

squonk

In the 2nd pic, those are real Horses! :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

AMC RULES

:hilarious:

48 minutes ago, squonk said:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@AMC RULES At least we know squonky can tell a horse from a dog.

• Like 4

AMC RULES

That's NAPA know how...

at it's finest.    :handgestures-thumbsup:

image.png.bf4a5ec45cec5bc179f9b73a4704a09e.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

squonk
7 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@AMC RULES At least we know squonky can tell a horse from a dog.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:

Image result for dog answers to the name lucky

• Haha 3

c-series don

I love the old pics. I used to run an old all wheel drive-all wheel steer Austin-Western grader that started on gas and ran diesel. I wish I had pictures of it. It wasn't pretty but that ole gal could move some material. When I was a kid my family had a cable operated D-7 that I remember riding on. It had a seat that was the size of a small couch(at least it seemed that big, I was little!!) Even though the grousers were more than half worn down that thing would push like nobody's business. I know where it's resting now and wish I could buy and restore it. She'd make a hell of a lawn ornament!!! 

• Like 3

AMC RULES

• Like 4

KC9KAS

@ebinmaine Thanks for the old photos!

Maybe someone will recognize the sign on the old store.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

c-series don

Craig, the grader in the first video is the same as the one I spoke of. Your good!! 

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, KC9KAS said:

@ebinmaine Thanks for the old photos!

Maybe someone will recognize the sign on the old store.

You're Welcome!

I'm glad to share. :handgestures-thumbupright:

My cousin sends out some interesting stuff sometimes... from times past.

If I find more, I'll share them too.

56 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Craig, the grader in the first video is the same as the one I spoke of. Your good!! 

@AMC RULES is the man.

• Like 1

Stormin
On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, squonk said:

Those ain't horses. Those be mules. Cross between a horse and a donkey. Git up thar mule skinner. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, Stormin said:

Those ain't horses. Those be mules. Cross between a horse and a donkey. Git up thar mule skinner. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ayuh!

You shore izz correct! 

• Haha 1

squonk
12 hours ago, Stormin said:

Middle one is Francis

• Haha 3

waterlooboy2hp

I did some searching online for info about the store. Found a newspaper article in the Macomb IL. Journal, dated 1927. Seems 2 men robbed the unlocked store of some 2000

men`s suits at night. It was believed that they fenced them in Chicago. ----- John

• Like 3

953 nut
1 hour ago, waterlooboy2hp said:

men`s suits at night. It was believed that they fenced them in Chicago.

Chicago,     1927      :confusion-confused:        Al Capone was a fancy dresser, makes you wonder.     :ychain:

Image result for al capone

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• BrianKoch
      By BrianKoch
      Gentlemen,

I’m looking for grader blade model 7-1112 for my ‘68/‘69 Charger 12. 

Thank you
    • Trouty56
      By Trouty56
      Tractor vs. Implement cross reference chart for models from 1955 - 2000
      110 pages 513.43KB

This chart lists the original attachment model
      The model that replaced the original model
      The model that was available when the list was made

Often many models between the last two are not listed.
      You must go from year to year and follow the model numbers to see them all.

For a complete list of models click on the magnifying glass in the Search box. Enter DNA in the Search box and select Files from the drop down menu. Two pages of 33 results will come up in random order. Find the attachment you are looking for and click on it. The DNA for that model of attachment will come up. Look for the model of your attachment in the DNA list. They are organized from earliest to latest.
      OR
      Search the Files using a model number you know will work. Look through the results for DNA in another file name for the same item. That will have the full list of models.

STD for a model indicates that attachment was standard equipment that came on that model of tractor.

Mistakes in the online attachment list @ Toro. The Attachment Interchange is correct but confusing and the source of the mistakes.
      1970 *VS           rear discharge mower deck                             5-7362 is correct replaced by 5-0610 both CCW rotation
      1971                  rear discharge mower deck                             5-0600 - CW spindle rotation fits long frame tractors only
      1971 *CG-7 & 8 rear discharge mower deck should be model 5-7362 - CCW spindle rotation
      1972 *CG-7 & 8 rear discharge mower deck should be model 5-0610 - CCW spindle rotation
      1973 *VS           rear discharge mower deck should be model 5-0611 - CCW spindle rotation

1970 *VS          side discharge mower deck                             5-2365 is correct replaced by 5-0700 both CCW rotation
      1971                  side discharge mower deck                            5-0710 - CW spindle rotation fits long frame tractors only
      1971 *CG-7 & 8 side discharge mower deck should be model 5-0700 - CCW spindle rotation
      1972 *CG-7 & 8 side discharge mower deck should be model 5-0701 - CCW spindle rotation
      1973 *VS           side discharge mower deck should be model 5-0702 - CCW spindle rotation

1974 Replacement rear discharge mower deck for the model 5-0622 (side discharge) is wrong - should be 65-36XR01

*Models using a vertical engine crankshaft
    • shallowwatersailor
      By shallowwatersailor
      I am looking for comments as I plan on buying a new pressure washer to go along with our upcoming move. The brand pump I am considering is an AR North America (Annovi Reverberi) which is actually Italian. Has anybody owned or used one? The unit that I am looking at has a 4000 psi/4.0 gpm pump and considered an industrial grade. We will be back on city water instead of our current well pump so I don't have to worry about starving it plus the house actually has two separate water feeds as well. The main reason I am considering this brand pump is because the complete pressure washer unit runs off of a PTO. That way I don't need to have another engine to maintain plus the actual unit (because there isn't an engine) takes only 20" x 20" of space to store. I currently have an eight year old HF pressure washer that has been great, but I decided it is time for an upgrade.

Amazingly though for slightly less, for example, I can buy a Yamaha PW4040 with a Yamaha MX360 engine and 4000 psi/4.0 gpm CAT pump. There are other brands to consider that are similar and cost more/less usually with a Honda GX and CAT pump. But it seems that Yamaha drives the cam by a gear train instead of a timing belt like Honda uses. Anybody know if this is true?
    • oliver2-44
      By oliver2-44
      I have a large dirt leveling & shaping project coming up down the road.  Seat time!
      I need to be able to loosen up high areas to push them around to level and improve drainage of a 100 ft x 150 ft back yard.  The soil is sandy/clay granite gravel. It has enough clay in it to be very hard when very dry, but will dig fairly easily when damp. 

So I'm starting to think about how to install a tiller and dozer blade on my C-160 at the same time. 
      I wish I could even mount the Tiller and a Center Mount Grader Blade at the same time.
       But I suspect the blade would hit the front wheels when angled since it would be mounted forward of its normal position, or it would hit the front tiller pulley?
      One idea I'm thinking of essentially making a double rear axle hitch, one in front of the other. The tiller would mount in the rear mount under the axle in the normal positionn so the pulleys would be in the correct location so the belt length would not change.  The dozer blade wound mount in the forward mount, and its lift link would have to be a custom length. I'm thinking I need to make some type of support bracket from each side of the front mount that would mount to the frame.  The forward mount would also have to be spaced forward enough so the end of the dozer blade arms  would not hit the tiller cross bar in the rear hitch mount.The normal hitch locks probable would not work, so I'm thinking a locking bar would be bolted on to lock both implements in place.  

The other idea would be one hitch directly below the other in the normal axle position. It would also have to have some type of brace to the forward frame so as to not put a twisting force on the axle.  I  haven't figured out if there's enough ground clearance to do this type of arrangement.

The front dozer blade would be lifted by the existing hydraulic lift and the rear tiller would be lifted by a 2nd rear hydraulic cylinder.  Only one implement would be in use at one time.

I'm thinking I will make a wood mock up of both ideas to work out some basic details before I start cutting & welding.

Has anyone tried this?  I would like to learn what worked and what didn't from others. if you haven't tried it, I still like to hear your thoughts on what might work, or potential  problems that I haven't thought of yet.
      Thanks  

So many projects, got to find a way to make them fun!