Adams94

New to me loader

Adams94

Got this loader today!  It's in very nice shape!  Any idea on what year it is or what model it is made to fit?  Or will it easily fit many models?      Any idea who manufactured it, I didn't think wheel horse actually made it.  Thinking of putting it on my c195

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

• Like 5

953 nut

:woohoo:             Not sure who made it but with the sub-frame you got with it you can put it on any "C" or 300 , 400 or 500 model. It appears to be in great condition. If you have a three point hitch on the C-195 there could be some interference at the back, where the weight box is.      :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Did the tractor come with the loader that was pictured in " Whats in your Mirror" or did you just get the loader?

Adams94
3 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Did the tractor come with the loader that was pictured in " Whats in your Mirror" or did you just get the loader?

I got both as a package, didn't want the tractor I'm going to part it out

13 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:woohoo:             Not sure who made it but with the sub-frame you got with it you can put it on any "C" or 300 , 400 or 500 model. It appears to be in great condition. If you have a three point hitch on the C-195 there could be some interference at the back, where the weight box is.      :text-coolphotos:

The weight box is removable I believe. I have a 3 point weight box tho and it has a foot pedal. But I still want to use it in the garden so would probably take it off occasionally    It is very nice

• Thanks 1

maxiblue

Yes that is a wheel horse loader, looks almost like the one on my D250. the company that made it is ARK mfg, now out of business.

Edited by maxiblue
  • Like 1

Adams94
27 minutes ago, maxiblue said:

Yes that is a wheel horse loader, looks almost like the one on my D250. the company that made it is ARC mfg, now out of business.

Thanks, any way to tell what year it is, just out of curiosity.    This is the tag on it

IMG_1078.JPG

Edited by Adams94
  • Like 1

953 nut

May be some info in here.

• Like 1

Adams94

Thanks!

roadapples

Just like the Ark on my 74 C160. Don't know for sure but I think it was made about that time. You'll love it...:handgestures-thumbupright:

R. L. Addison

What is the tractor? They are getting scarce in some areas, seems like that's all anyone wants to do anymore. I have salvaged a couple in the past, that that had "chunks" go through the gear motors in hydrogear units & ruin the castings as well as gears. The only unit I ever bought to "part-out" is a "D" series which had sat in a salvage-junk yard for several years and sat in another individuals pine forest several years before  it was bought and stripped of the backhoe, loader & rear tires & left to rot where it sat. (I still have "D" series parts running out my ears)

Guess I'm just too conservative, or is it that I'm too stupid to feel good about destruction of good useful tools of ANY kind that may help someone who might be in need. 

Sorry 'bout the rant, I just see a world of abuse & greed, & pray JESUS calls HIS true believing church home SOON.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

That is a really nice loader. Was it even used? The paint doesn't even look scratched

• Like 1

MalMac

It’s a Ark 550. Not sure on the sub frame fitting on the 195 with out modification because I think the 195 had a tad longer frame on it. Not a 100% on that maybe someone else will chime in. The 550 is a good loader. The bucket curl back could have been better. For what it is though it performs well especially if you use it as intended, a small garden tractor loader and not a major earth moving piece of equipment. That particular loader is of a 78-79 era. A very nice fine and in very good shape. A most sought after attachment that’s getting very scarce. 

That top support bar needs to be straightened back to flat. That occurred when someone hoisted it up for removal. That caused the uprights to be pulled in at the top throwing the alignment out slightly. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

gwest_ca

Hard to read the numbers. Look at this again to see if I got them correct. Click on the picture.

Garry

Adams94
9 hours ago, roadapples said:

Just like the Ark on my 74 C160. Don't know for sure but I think it was made about that time. You'll love it...:handgestures-thumbupright:

I hope so!  I hope it fits on my c195 it already has a food hydro

9 hours ago, R. L. Addison said:

What is the tractor? They are getting scarce in some areas, seems like that's all anyone wants to do anymore. I have salvaged a couple in the past, that that had "chunks" go through the gear motors in hydrogear units & ruin the castings as well as gears. The only unit I ever bought to "part-out" is a "D" series which had sat in a salvage-junk yard for several years and sat in another individuals pine forest several years before  it was bought and stripped of the backhoe, loader & rear tires & left to rot where it sat. (I still have "D" series parts running out my ears)

Guess I'm just too conservative, or is it that I'm too stupid to feel good about destruction of good useful tools of ANY kind that may help someone who might be in need. 

Sorry 'bout the rant, I just see a world of abuse & greed, & pray JESUS calls HIS true believing church home SOON.

It is a 310-8, it was used hard and has 2793 hours on it, since I spent a little more than I wanted I can get more out of the tractor in parts so the loader ends up cheaper that way 

9 hours ago, WNYPCRepair said:

That is a really nice loader. Was it even used? The paint doesn't even look scratched

The paint on the bucket is almost all there, I don't think it was hardly ever used

1 hour ago, MalMac said:

It’s a Ark 550. Not sure on the sub frame fitting on the 195 with out modification because I think the 195 had a tad longer frame on it. Not a 100% on that maybe someone else will chime in. The 550 is a good loader. The bucket curl back could have been better. For what it is though it performs well especially if you use it as intended, a small garden tractor loader and not a major earth moving piece of equipment. That particular loader is of a 78-79 era. A very nice fine and in very good shape. A most sought after attachment that’s getting very scarce. 

That top support bar needs to be straightened back to flat. That occurred when someone hoisted it up for removal. That caused the uprights to be pulled in at the top throwing the alignment out slightly. 

Yea I thought of that today about the c195 frame, I'm going to do some measuring. I really don't want to do any modification to the loader because it's so nice.  I do have a 520-8 that it could go on but I mow with it.  I want to get a front deck carrier for it, if I did that I wouldn't have to take the whole under frame off just the loader itself, I will try to mount it up this spring.  It is missing the 2 braces that go from the front up to the uprights

39 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Hard to read the numbers. Look at this again to see if I got them correct. Click on the picture.

Garry

The numbers seem to match up

IMG_1079.JPG

• Like 1

c-series don

Just looked it up, its a 1979. I have the EXACT same one and love it. It almost caused a divorce when I bought it because of the price but as usual she got over it! Yours is pretty much mint for its age. Good luck with it. 

• Like 2

Adams94
3 hours ago, c-series don said:

Just looked it up, its a 1979. I have the EXACT same one and love it. It almost caused a divorce when I bought it because of the price but as usual she got over it! Yours is pretty much mint for its age. Good luck with it. 

Thanks!  I got lucky on the price, it was at a farm sale and not advertised, I got it and a 310-8(rough) package deal for $850

• Excellent 2

c-series don

Wow you stole it!! I paid $1500 for just the loader 12+ years ago. 

• Like 2

Adams94
25 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Wow you stole it!! I paid $1500 for just the loader 12+ years ago. 

Yea I got very lucky because I didn't have that much to spend, if someone would have bid 1 more time I would have had to quit.  It was a good day lol

• Excellent 1

MalMac

You definitely need those upright braces to the front. That’s where it gets it’s stability from.

• Like 2

Adams94
15 minutes ago, MalMac said:

You definitely need those upright braces to the front. That’s where it gets it’s stability from.

Yea, i will get a set made

c-series don

That sub-frame will not fit a C-195 without modification as the 195s frame is longer. If you want I can send you pictures and dimensions of the support bars. I also know where there is a very nice C-195 with a loader but the guy loves it and don't think he will ever sell it!! 

• Like 1

Adams94

I

3 minutes ago, c-series don said:

That sub-frame will not fit a C-195 without modification as the 195s frame is longer. If you want I can send you pictures and dimensions of the support bars. I also know where there is a very nice C-195 with a loader but the guy loves it and don't think he will ever sell it!! 

If you could get me pictures and specs on the supports would be great!  I thought maybe I could add 2 new axle brackets onto the subframe and be able to mount it in the c195 maybe.  I'd rather put it on the c195 as I mow with my 520-8

c-series don

I can get pictures tomorrow no problem. Too warm and comfy on my couch in front of the wood stove to get up now!!! 

• Like 1

roadapples

Get the sub frame fitted before you make the front supports or that length may change....

• Like 1

Adams94
40 minutes ago, c-series don said:

I can get pictures tomorrow no problem. Too warm and comfy on my couch in front of the wood stove to get up now!!! 

No problem!

31 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Get the sub frame fitted before you make the front supports or that length may change....

True for the 195 but i may not put it on the 195 if it takes to much modifying

• Like 1