pfrederi

Fire Safety in your Horse Storage area / workshop

pfrederi

I had vaguely heard about some big recall of Kidde fire extinguisher recalls.  Finally looked into it and went out to the shop and checked my extinguishers (You all have at least one in your garage/shop and or Horse storage area don't you!!!)

Between Shop and house I have several extinguishers 4 of them are Kidde all are recalled. 

Please be safe check your extinguishers  I filled out the form and submitted it.  They are going to send me 4 replacements.

Kidde recal page

fire.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Jerry77

Mine are ok,  but I can't get fire extinguishers refilled in my area...they say they can't do that anymore...?....anyone else have that problem.? mine are Kidde except one old 10 lb one  - gauge says it is still good....

Sarge

Our local extinguisher guy that services the building and the 10lb I keep around here for hot work says those are some of the worst ever built - most times the pickup tube falls off when you need it the most so no chemical is sprayed out . It's about time they recalled these things - friend almost lost a combine from one that failed that way but luckily we saved it with a shovel and a lot of dirt . All the industrial sites I work at uses the same guy - his stuff never fails to work correctly and his prices are very fair for what you get - I'd suggest if anyone is serious about protecting their stuff to invest with a local industrial supplier as they will come and inspect/refill/recharge the units properly . It's not going to feel cost effective until you need it , those home type extinguishers can easily let you down at the worst time in my opinion - I'd rather have something I can trust .

Sarge

• Like 1

oldredrider

Kinda replaced all 3 of mine. Took about 3 weeks.

ol550
5 hours ago, Jerry77 said:

Mine are ok,  but I can't get fire extinguishers refilled in my area...they say they can't do that anymore...?....anyone else have that problem.? mine are Kidde except one old 10 lb one  - gauge says it is still good....

Have several places here that refill, but wont touch any with plastic valves.

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

I had access to 10 pounders when I was still working. The inspector would come in twice a year for 10 days and do the whole builing and out buildings. I would always get the old ones that were still good and bring home. I have them in the kitchen, garage x 3 , basement and my Dads. A perk for working in a huge facility.