JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Cab install, HELP NEEDED, 416-8

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok, got my cab from a member for my 416-8. Thought piece of cake. In a jamb already. Figures, Look at the pictures, right side, left side, THEN from the front. NOTICE the  severe angle.whats Up?  I dont want to force and break,  but trying to line up and pull it over, the right side goes deep INTO the hood.  STUMPED.

Glenn

20171208_210950.jpg

20171208_211003.jpg

20171208_211014.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

lak1965

Take a look at this picture. Looks like the bar is bent to go around the hood. Hope it helps.

WH Cab Frame 2.jpg

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Lak, 

Thanks, but if I gave a frontal shot of that bar, it does have the bend in it. Just like the other side. To go with the curve of the hood. I guess a better picture. I will reinvestigate it in the morning, I never spent 4 hours on a couple pieces like this before. And I dont want to force it and snap something. Thanks again.

Glenn

Hey guys, anyone reading this, who makes the chute extension piece for the crank handle. I thought I saw recently a few guys talking about that. Dont want to stick my hand out of the cab to turn the chute. 

Glenn

squonk
7 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Hey guys, anyone reading this, who makes the chute extension piece for the crank handle. I thought I saw recently a few guys talking about that. Dont want to stick my hand out of the cab to turn the chute. 

Glenn

You can buy a piece of round stock  and a coupler  with allen set screws. Cut the rod to the right length you need. Drill a hole for the cotter pin and attach it to the blower. then use the coupler to connect to the handle. 

• Like 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

extension piece for the crank handle.

I think @WVHillbilly520H posted one yesterday.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

• Like 1

jsPond

I'm far from an expert on this but I did just go thru a similar situation with mine.  One difference I had was the bend in my side poles is much more severe than what is in any picture posted here.  Mine leaned hard tot he left when I first put it on.  I simply pushed on it until I got it to where I wanted it to be for the most part.  In my opinion, you should be fine to push down on the window frame carefully and bolt it to the other frame, then see where you stand.  I wouldn't be afraid to apply some pressure to get closer to where you want to be, after all, these things weren't made yesterday, they can take a little punishment.  Look at my thread "Question on cab install" and see what troubles I had.  You're in the exact right place to help you thru this.  Goos luck and let us know how it turns out.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

@JERSEYHAWG / Glenn, just went out and got measurements for you and the gang, for the crank extension, 3/8" diameter rod 10-12" long depends how close you want it to the seat, then the coupler is 5/8" diameter 3-4" long drilled through 3/8"+ for a slip fit, then drill 1/8" holes for the cotter/hair pins, I roll pinned my coupler and on the 2stage it has a thin walled coupler on the worm gear from the factory, that's what I did hope this helps, but you could use 3/8" rubber hose and clamps for the couplers eliminate all the fabrication just to get you up and going for now, Jeff.

IMAG3830.jpg

IMAG3832.jpg

IMAG3833.jpg

IMAG3823.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

BIG THANK YOU MEMBERS...re bent here and there, it's coming along.  Shout out to shallow water sailor.....xtra support.

Good thing I am plump, made the bending easier.

Btw, snowing here, just in the nick of time. Surprise snowfall,  4 to 6 predicted.

Glenn

20171209_122838.jpg

20171209_122848.jpg

20171209_122858.jpg

20171209_122908.jpg

• Like 3

DougC

Looking good Glenn!!! 

I bought a brand new cab a few years back with directions (pictures)  and still had to "custom bend" it to fit..............

I leave the structure and the roof on year round for shade in the summer mowing and snap the panels on and install the doors in November. Those frame parts can take lot's of abuse and not complain at all.

(I took the let's get glenn a cab sign off my piggie bank by the way............) :lol:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
2 hours ago, DougC said:

Looking good Glenn!!! 

I bought a brand new cab a few years back with directions (pictures)  and still had to "custom bend" it to fit..............

I leave the structure and the roof on year round for shade in the summer mowing and snap the panels on and install the doors in November. Those frame parts can take lot's of abuse and not complain at all.

(I took the let's get glenn a cab sign off my piggie bank by the way............) :lol:

Thanks Doug, its getting there, 75 percent done right now. I just did snow chains on the C-175. Snowing here right now. My son wants to plow when he gets home from work. I want to, but better to let him have fun with the tractor I bought him. Glad I didnt sell the 416.

Glenn

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thank you MEMBERS, here it is, all done. Just gave it an oil change to. Got my snow chains, need to put them on, but ready for winters battle. Nice and dry, in the cab. 

Glenn

20171211_170818.jpg

20171211_170851.jpg

20171211_170914.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

dclarke

That’s a nice outfit, Glenn! I bought a cab for mine a few weeks ago but won’t pick it up until Next month. I’m sure i’ll Be referring to this thread when I install mine... Good work! 

• Like 1