PeacemakerJack

The Newest Arrival—

Achto

Looks great!! :handgestures-thumbupright:Have a safe trip home.

• Thanks 1

WHX??
38 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

Larry didn't have that one when I was at his place

He's been sneaking round on you then T-Mo :ychain:

Edited by WHX12
  • Haha 5

PeacemakerJack

I wish that I would’ve had more time to visit with him but I had to start making the 460 mile run for home.  I did get to see his nice hot rod collection out back with a couple of trucks and cars but a ‘69 Chevelle that was super sweet!  He said that he has been collecting horses for about 40 years and had over 100 at one point but he is now getting out of it so he can focus on the cars and trucks in his remaining years.  I’m thankful that he was willing to part with the super C!  

D5B5B978-7C52-49F4-915B-D5BBED963CA0.jpeg.a13f64c12466c84ed8f71339f6fe37cf.jpeg

I thought this was a cool pic. Other than the $85 that I was losing out of my wallet!

8D807C02-8CE4-4866-9084-382E046AA64D.jpeg.3c520701468aa66178ac6893baa62b10.jpeg

two American legends being trailered home!

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Rp.wh

Ohhh man that is a pretty nice looking horse i am not one for many black hoods but i think they are wearing on me now hah! Nice find cant wait to see that :wh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
13 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

would make for the perfect FEL platform

Just rustle one of @elliot ness 's FELs ..... hear tell he is heavy on them! :lol:

Idea fro a new thread .....what's in your gas pump! Is a cool pic but ouch!

D5B5B978-7C52-49F4-915B-D5BBED963CA0_jpeg_a13f64c12466c84ed8f71339f6fe37cf.jpg

My that 195 has a big tank! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Achto
38 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

D5B5B978-7C52-49F4-915B-D5BBED963CA0.jpeg.a13f64c12466c84ed8f71339f6fe37cf.jpeg

I thought this was a cool pic. Other than the $85 that I was losing out of my wallet!

Man Josh, you might just catch up to my fuel consumption for today. Except I didn't get to go any where.:(

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

Wasn’t real impressed with Henry’s fuel consumption on the way down—13.88mpg!  I’ve gotten that in the warmer temps pulling 9000# of payload but I’m sure it could be worse.  I do like traveling in this vehicle though—very comfortable!  Just a few more miles and I’ll be out of Missouri SP jurisdiction, then they’ll have to turn this rustler over to the US Marshall service!:violence-blades::law-policered::D

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

cleat

Well, to make you feel better I did a quick calculation converting Canadian to US $ and can tell you that to buy that much fuel here at our price would cost you $112.45 US.

Just went up today by $0.30 per US gallon in US $.

This happens weekly.

A lot of my buddies have got rid of their trucks and large SUV's and are driving little Honda's.

I am still driving my F150 with the 5.4 engine but don't take it very far (I average around 3600 miles per year).

Most of my Wheel Horse purchases are hauled home in a trailer behind my wife's 1998 Sable with a 3l engine (that car just turned up 42000 miles equivalent) .

Back on subject now, your new tractor looks great.

Cleat

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Thank you all for indulging me and taking part in my journey. I really appreciate all the thoughts and well wishes—YOU GUYS ARE GREAT! I made it home about 25 min ago without incident. Overall I put on about 960 miles!  

Looks good to to have the Super C in my shop though...

F13B369F-CB53-456D-98FB-108656E6AFD1.jpeg.4c373aa11164c237ebd6e4485268cd59.jpeg

A9DFFC2D-46AD-4183-BDEA-3DD9F4359525.jpeg.2cb7eb2d3ebfab9e630c6bfb56c064d1.jpeg

Looking forward to playing with it when I have some time...

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Very very nice, one of my favorite machines. The super C. Best of luck and thanks for taking us with you on your adventure. Exciting, just like I was there. Best of luck.

Glenn       :woohoo:

• Thanks 1

Aldon

Nice Super C!

Had one previously.

might end up getting it back someday....

enjoy it!

• Thanks 1

608KEB
10 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Here it is...

E3CD786E-5E43-4196-8C16-D7949FA6A884.jpeg.3e4d6f0d66df21c9f91fa364e370f2bc.jpeg

F4160D8E-7EB3-4919-A446-F465712687BC.jpeg.83373041a5de5d9a0b6927a59f4e9d1b.jpeg

84E2DC0F-E27B-46D8-89AC-703B23D0ACC7.jpeg.87324e02d3a80ecdae02c14e7647a6fe.jpeg

came from fellow forum member Elliot Ness.  Many thanks to him for his patience and hanging on to it for four months till I could carve out the time to make it down.  As with any old tractor, there are some details to attend to but it seems to run good and strong.  Can’t wait to give it a personal once over in the upcoming months...

Been there myself. Bought a 520H about 2 1/2 years ago. Nice tractor.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Very very nice, one of my favorite machines. The super C. Best of luck and thanks for taking us with you on your adventure. Exciting, just like I was there. Best of luck.

Glenn       :woohoo:

:text-yeahthat:

All of what Glenn said. Thanks for taking us along.

• Like 2

T-Mo

Josh,

I'm glad you made it home safe, and without being hung as a horse thief.

• Haha 3

PeacemakerJack

I can honestly say that I know next to nothing about the black hood series in general and the C195 specifically.  Does anyone have a digital upload of the original sales brochures for the introduction of the C195?  If so, could you post that here or email it to me? I’ve already downloaded a couple of manuals from the manuals section.  What are the most desirable options for this tractor?  I plan to restore it eventually and I’ll keep an eye out for rare options that I can add.  The dash is complete and not cracked but all the silver is faded.  I’ll have lots of questions for recommendations on details like that at the start of and during the restoration process. Since my goal with this tractor is a show queen (I have lots of workers), I want to make sure the details look GREAT!  Anyone with thoughts and recommendations who has restored any of the Black hood series, I’d greatly appreciate your input or directing me to a particularly helpful thread...

WHX??

There is a great instructional here on restoring that dash Josh. Hopefully other C-195 pros  will chime in as to this model as I know about as much about them as you! Wouldn't mind learning about them tho!  I would guess the most desirable option is the 3-pt and attachments for that. Oh an FEL too! :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 2

Sarge

I've been hunting a Super C due to that 3pt - it's strong and the frame should handle it well although I haven't had a detailed look at one in years - they are a beast for sure . Nice score - that's one heck of a ride and not sure I could do that any more ...

The black hoods are really growing on me , hopefully some day I'll find that model .

Sarge

• Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack
22 hours ago, cleat said:

Well, to make you feel better I did a quick calculation converting Canadian to US $ and can tell you that to buy that much fuel here at our price would cost you $112.45 US

A lot of my buddies have got rid of their trucks and large SUV's and are driving little Honda's.

I remember vividly when I first finished the resto on my GTO in 2001 purchasing premium 93 octane for $1.45 per gallon and 110 octane Race fuel for $2.99 per gallon.  Five years later we were selling our 13mph Tahoe in favor of a 4 banger Civic because fuel costs were close to $4 a gallon.  It has really been nice to have fuel costs closer $2 per gallon for the last couple of years. I’ve been spoiled.  I don’t notice it as much until I go to put 35 gallons of fuel in at one time and diesel is closer to $3 per gallon right now.  However, still nothing like the prices that I saw overseas this fall at nearly $2 per liter!:scared-eek:

9 hours ago, Sarge said:

I've been hunting a Super C due to that 3pt - it's strong and the frame should handle it well although I haven't had a detailed look at one in years - they are a beast for sure...

The black hoods are really growing on me , hopefully some day I'll find that model .

Sarge

There are so many things to like about the Super C but its “good looks” aren’t one of them. However, as I have spent more time looking at them, they are growing on me as well.  They were built to be functional, hardworking machines and I think that they hit the target well...good luck in your search for one!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1