coreydumont

Hydraulic lift issues

coreydumont

got a 44" two stage blower on my 522xi, having issues lifting blower when oil gets hot.  No issues on startup only when lifting a couple minutes into blowing.  I can hold the blower up if i ramp the blower on something and hold lever up.

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:  Corey.

I never owned an XI series tractor, so I am not familiar with the hydraulic system. 

Other members should be here soon with advice on your problem.  Good luck.

Kurt-NEPA

My 522xi easily lifts my 2 stage blower, cold or hot.  Its a bit sluggish If I have the rpm's too low.  This Eaton 1100 seems to like higher rpm's for some reason.  My 520xi is more tolerant to rpm's for some reason.

I'm wondering if you hydro is running too hot and thinning the oil.  Three things I would do.  1) Make sure the fan is intact.  2) Clean the fins on hydro and 3) Try synthetic 10W-30 in the hydro.  Synthetic does not thin out as much as dino oil.

Good luck!

WVHillbilly520H

Ever clean the power steering filter? If it's "clogged" it might not be let the fluid to return fast enough causing the problem, Jeff.

Irish Madman

I have the same issue with my 522xi. Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Ed Kennell

About half of the Eaton 1100s have the opposite problem.   They will not lift until they are warmed up for 5-10 minutes.

Although I can not find it now, I have seen a WH bulletin stating the Eaton 1100s should be warmed up 10 minutes before using or damage may occur.

shallowwatersailor

I run Mobil 1 in my three 5xi and can lift the deck/blade/snowthrower just about right after I start them. Make sure the fluid is topped off, clean fins, and that the fan has all the blades.