Sparky

C-145 Auto engagement lever

Sparky

Is the hydro engagement lever supposed to drop all the way down? Once mine is down it’s sitting on the shift plate, can’t get my fingers under it to pull it back up. Wondering if my belt is to long maybe? 

650DBC01-3DE2-4F97-B5AF-5182E811367E.jpeg

D69BEDC8-BD07-41CA-A272-18C5A628E359.jpeg

R. L. Addison

Or idler too small? I think that may be a problem with mine, as thje belt came completely off when I was cleaning snow in the neighborhood.

953 nut

Shouldn't go that far down, is the idler pulley bolt tightened against the bushing that slides up and down?

Sparky

Idler is nice and tight. I just replaced if with a known good one off another BlackHood Auto. I’m thinking someone installed the wrong belt or an aftermarket belt.

• Excellent 1

Sparky

The manual for a 1982 C-145 auto shows two drive belts... That sucks! Why would there be two possible belts? One is a 108501 and the other is a 108502. It seems like there is an inch or two difference in length between em 🤔. I wonder if my belt is the longer one? To late and dark to check, maybe tomorrow

c-series don

I would say the belt is stretched or like you said it's the wrong one. 

• Like 1

JoeM

Yep, seen this before where a polyester cord belt was used in place of a Kevlar.

My C145 has a 7473 (82" x .656) belt.

108501 should be 81" x .656, 108502 should be 83" x .625.

That machine probably has rubber motor mounts, make sure they haven't failed allowing the engine to move back and down.

Clear as mud!

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

MalMac

Yep, that's where my C145 Auto rides to, now I suppose I need to go out and check it's belt. There is also a service bulletin on these concerning the vibration and rattling.  

gwest_ca
On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎03 at 4:55 PM, Sparky said:

The manual for a 1982 C-145 auto shows two drive belts... That sucks! Why would there be two possible belts? One is a 108501 and the other is a 108502. It seems like there is an inch or two difference in length between em 🤔. I wonder if my belt is the longer one? To late and dark to check, maybe tomorrow

Twin-cylinder models use the longer 108502.

Garry

• Like 2

Sparky

I'm going to be a few thousand miles away from my C-145 for a few days, but late next week when I'm back I'll see what belt it has on it now (to satisfy my curiosity) and order the 108501.

Thanks to everyone that helped out!

• Like 1