artfull dodger

Any interest in a large Indiana WH event?

PeacemakerJack

So I’m laying here on my living room floor taking “five” and I see this thread.  Grab google maps and realize that it is only 4 hours and 32 minutes from here to South Bend.  That’s a hike but not out of the question for the road trips I’ve made in the past. I’d be open to coming down for a gathering there...I don’t know about the rest of my Local Circle Buddies @WHX14 @Achto @Rp.wh @stevasaurus But that one would hold some interest for me.  Can’t say for sure at this point cause I’d have to check my calendar for other conflicts but sounds fun, especially in the birthplace of our tractors.  It would be cool to be able to take a tour around to look at existing landmarks or even locations significant to WH...

That would be a fun one to take The Super C to...

8514B6B5-BCEA-46E6-9B35-A4B10D055103.jpeg.817a9ca2a1d5f3bc96a7fb6f31f42faa.jpeg

probably dad’s 875...

A3C227E1-91EF-4755-8704-D9E4103CB638.jpeg.b74ee88136c01a172f7d129ca2891f0b.jpeg

I’ll definitely keep this one in mind...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Cub fan

Is the WH show still on for Father's Day in Rochester,In, and is that at the Fulton County facility? Is this going to be a 2 day show? Is there a exsibitors fee? I have a friend who has 3 horses and I have 1, will get comitment from friend.  Thanks Jim. My E-mail address if you need it. 😊 

jkatterhenry@indy.rr.com

asheric29

Yes,fathers day weekend its starts friday 6-15-18 its actually a 3 day show.i thinks it costs 5 to 10 bucks.the show is at the fulton county historical society museum grounds which is located at the intersection of us 31 and co rd 375 n.

artfull dodger

While its not Wheel Horse specific, its about as close to the old home turf of South Bend as we can get it seems.  I am hoping we can develop this into a yearly mass gathering of Wheel Horses.   The couple of parts dealers that did show up last year had mostly Wheel Horse parts.   Would really love to see more tractor parts dealers and less "stuff" this year.  Show has plenty of room to grow still.  Also very nice grounds, super easy to find, right beside US31 and you cannot miss the round barn and railroad caboose.       Mike the Aspie

asheric29

Yes.this is a antique tractor show not a wheel horse show but all makes and model are welcome.we all in the fulton county historical power association are willing do help in anyway to make this a special event for all.so please come and bring your wheelhorses.

• Excellent 2

Howie

Just wondering how many may be coming to this show? I live here in Rochester so it is in my backyard. I will probably 

bring three tractors, maybe four if I bring the little Bolens walk behind. Dad bought ir new in 51 in 52. I am not able to 

travel great distances this year due to medical issues wife has. Couldn't go to the big show.

The director at the Fulton County Museum is my niece not that changes anything!

asheric29

Not really sure.just have to wait and see what shows up.

BOB ELLISON

I really hope this takes off to be as big as the PA show. I don't mind the drive to Pennsylvania but, I hate to pay the toll on the Pennsylvania turnpike it's hiway robbery. 

• Like 3

ACman

@BOB ELLISON are you going ?

BOB ELLISON
11 hours ago, ACman said:

@BOB ELLISON are you going ?

I am going to the Pennsylvania show.

Next year to Fulton County 

• Like 1

artfull dodger

Loaded up and ready to head up to Rochester.  Gonna be a hot one, stay hydrated for those that are going.   Wont be able to miss me on the autism horse and its one lung diesel knocking away.  See those that will be there soon.    Mike the Aspie.   

artfull dodger

Not going to be pushing for this to be big horse event.  Some poor decisions by the powers that run the show, like trying to charge an additional $10 on top of the $5 to get in just so you can ride your display lawn tractor around is just asinine.  Now at the huge Portland show in August where you have to have your defensive driving skills honed to get around the throng of gators, golf carts and garden tractors I understand charging.  But at this show with very sparce amount of attendees and plenty of space is just a crock. I highly doubt we will be back.  There were some nice garden tractors there, looked to be nice farm tractors, but with the heat and not wanting to be bitched at again, I did not go appreciate those owners efforts.  I did pick up a locking throttle cable for my horse and a new muffler for another non tractor project.  Maybe another show will grow to be come the Indiana Wheel Horse gathering, but its not gonna be this one IMHO.  Maybe when some better attitudes happen in the controling museum that owns the ground.  I am not alone in the opinion about the way this show is run from speaking to vendors and other long time attendees among the lawn tractor group.      Mike the Aspie 

• Like 1