Reel Mower Freak

Sundstrand Question

Reel Mower Freak

Can anyone tell me the difference between the 90-1173 that came on my C141 and a 90-1140?  Will the 90-1140 work on my C141? Thanks

• Confused 1

953 nut

That number shows up on the  1978 "C: and "D". The one from a "C" should have only minor differences, the one from a "D" is totally different. Be sure your looking at one like this.

PM (6).JPG

• Like 2

Reel Mower Freak

The one for sale locally is a 90-1140. I know I have the 1173 but wondered if it was worthwhile to pick it up even just for parts. It's about an hour away so not real easy to go look at it. I plan to get to the C141 restoration soon. I also know when towing it the rear end locked up after being towing for a couple blocks.

$_59.JPG

$_59.JPG

Edited by Reel Mower Freak
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

953 nut
8 minutes ago, Reel Mower Freak said:

when towing it the rear end locked up after being towing for a couple blocks.

Even with the tow valve open you are pushing your luck there. Should only go short distance very slowly according to the manual.

Don't know how valuable a spare would be unless you know for sure it is in good condition.

Reel Mower Freak

Thanks for the input. Towing it was a poor choice but that's what I was told happened. I guess I'll know more when I get into it. I'll pass on this for now I guess.

• Like 1