• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Wheelhorse427
      The Kohler K181 on my 855 will only rev to about 2500 RPMs. When I pull the throttle cable out the whole way with the engine running, I can see the governor arm push the throttle back down. I have adjusted the governor by the manual 3 or 4 times, but it made no difference. I'm pretty sure the throttle linkage is hooked up correctly because the throttle will open the whole way when the engine isn't running. Do I need to replace my governor gear? Thanks in advance. 
    • By 69-Raider-10
      Happy Easter fellow Horse Junkies! I am not happy with my Raider 10 after I swapped out the Lauson for a K181. Its not so much the difference in power between the 10hp and the 8hp, its the fact that my other 2 tractors are a Bronco 14 and a 416 8 Onan. I hop on the Raider and even though its the most mechanically sound and aesthetically pleasing tractor, it has the least cajones. I have a low hour 14hp Magnum sitting around that I was saving as a backup but I think I want to drop it in the Raider. Anyone make this type of swap before? Anything that makes it not doable or ill advisable? As always I appreciate the input and your time in answering. Happy Easter!
    • By classiccat
      New member ...and another old-Iron guy here...with my 1st Wheel Horse tractor.

I was looking for something mainly for pulling an old aluminum boat (18' starcraft) around the property.

Capability to mow and haul yard waste would be a bonus.

2 weeks ago, a C85 showed-up on CL for a song. 

He couldn't start it for me and it didn't take me long to figure out why...

This will be a running thread / rolling-restoration as I bring her back to her original, Black-Hood glory!

(DISCLAIMER: I'm an engine-wrencher ...I have the tendency to leave my foot off of the project's gas when the engine starts drinking it!)
    • By njdpo
      Hi all,

Back in 2011 you guys assisted me with getting my Commando 800 (engine K181) running properly (http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/27577-wet-cooling-fins/#comment-234931 ).

6 years and many happy memories later that little K181 still runs – but she’s tired. She was tired when we got my issues all ironed out. I never did get around to dropping a new piston and rings in it. At this time the engine is down on power and blowing blue smoke - I dont want to blow up this motor if it can be refreshed.

I was thinking of sending the motor out – but I decided I will help my 14 yr old son (Willy) rebuild it. Hopefully I can keep the rebuild costs down – and Willy will learn something interesting.

a few questions for the group:
      Is it possible to upgrade the K181 points ignition to electronic (without breaking the $bank$) ? The points are OK - but im wondering if the motor could benefit from an electronic ignition. Are any of you aware of a document(s) of tips and tricks, and/or procedural documents for going through this rebuild process?  Thinking of things like: - Gunk motor off before removal & disassembly - Take picture of carb configuration before removal. - Paint inside of motor with this paint / - Paint outside of motor with that paint - Break in procedures.  
      Please let me know if you have any questions that I can answer up front.
      Any advice you have is greatly appreciated – and yes I will be posting pics as we progress through this.
      Thanks, Dave
    • By JimmyJam
      Looking for a decent, working fuel pump for my K181, off of my 1974 B-80. Thanks.