Big_Red_Fred

Gt14

Big_Red_Fred

I believe i located a GT14, but its a stick, didnt take a pic of it, its 400 miles away west of me one way, i thought all GT14's were Hydro ? Clue the Old man in, Going to My son's for Turkey Boy's

bitten

Never heard of a stick on a GT14, other that what someone has made.

953 nut
25 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

all GT14's were Hydro ?

When they left the factory they had a Hudrogear transaxle but some owners have put 8 speeds in them. @Aldon is doing a thread on one now.

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred
5 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

When they left the factory they had a Hudrogear transaxle but some owners have put 8 speeds in them. @Aldon is doing a thread on one now.

The plate is gone where shift knob & shifter is sticking up, what caught my eye was the FEL Richard, 1100 or OBO, you wanna see it, The Man Passed away 2 years ago, his wife is selling it, i saw it on Zanesville  Ohio Clist, but its in Marengo Ohio Clist, Check it out, let me know what to offer, Thanks for info

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

The only one I’m aware of is this one...

38A1B2DE-435D-4CA6-AB51-A4E55614ED4F.jpeg.0e33aea103363abd825bd2c9095c1f27.jpeg

if you can get your hands on this one, buy it!:icecream:it’s a top notch build! 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Pollack Pete

I've got 5 or 6 GT-14's.All mine are hydros.Like others have said,could be a transplant.

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

Sure looks like a GD tranny in a GT-14 to me...

D68164AA-F366-4501-AF6D-4693A69FAD96.jpeg.fd09e973cdc4361bc138aaaef9cd605e.jpeg

massive modifications on this tractor...

7967618E-101F-4D49-92F5-185D10BAF433.jpeg.f6e08f4e0e870ef321bb01826b160fbf.jpeg

So, you’d have to study over how well everything thing was built and modified.  And decide what it is worth to you. That FEL seems worth the price of admission.:twocents-twocents:

• Like 4

953 nut

Looks like the owner did away with the lift cylinder for a deck or three point although  that could be added and driven from the FEL pump. If it was running and operational I would think it would be worth $ 1,800 +/- so with a couple of bad tires and non-running I wouldn't be shy about offering $ 750 or $800. Cost more than that to build the loader.

00L0L_dbS3QZR8Vp0_1200x900.jpg

One big plus for the 8 speed in place of the Sundstrand is you will have mechanical brakes.      :woohoo:

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred
16 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

So, you’d have to study over how well everything thing was built and modified.  And decide what it is worth to you. That FEL seems worth the price of admission.:twocents-twocents:

Look at the front Pic, left rear where fender is, Is that a fuel tank on fender ? or just worn out eyes LOL

Big_Red_Fred
28 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

I will send them a Offer, Thanks, the Frontend looks more Narrow, wouldnt wider be better ?

Aldon

Tank looks like a reservoir for Hydraulics...if I’m looking at it right.

definitley modified and converted to 8 speed.

i was not first to do this Mod.

there is a nice loader GT14 in the barn at the big show that was converted way back to manual tranny.

But most if not all used manual trannies that were narrower than the hydro tranny. 

In my build i split the tranny and located longer axles thereby hereby widening the rear.

i too ended up sacrificing the rock shaft for deck lift and 3 point. 

If if I finish the build it will have an independent 3 point on rear with dedicated cylinder.

I am considering selling out so if someone wants to grab my GT22-8 project and has the financial resources, send me a PM.

PS, my build is designed to eventually have a loader. Hence gear reduction steering. That is what Really caused me to lose the deck lift.

• Sad 3

ztnoo
25 minutes ago, Aldon said:

I am considering selling out so if someone wants to grab my GT22-8 project and has the financial resources, send me a PM

:o:-(

wallfish
33 minutes ago, Aldon said:

I am considering selling out so if someone wants to grab my GT22-8 project

WHAT?

Do we really need to talk you down from the ledge?

• Haha 6

Big_Red_Fred
39 minutes ago, Aldon said:

Tank looks like a reservoir for Hydraulics...if I’m looking at it right.

definitley modified and converted to 8 speed.

i was not first to do this Mod.

there is a nice loader GT14 in the barn at the big show that was converted way back to manual tranny.

But most if not all used manual trannies that were narrower than the hydro tranny. 

In my build i split the tranny and located longer axles thereby hereby widening the rear.

i too ended up sacrificing the rock shaft for deck lift and 3 point. 

If if I finish the build it will have an independent 3 point on rear with dedicated cylinder.

I am considering selling out so if someone wants to grab my GT22-8 project and has the financial resources, send me a PM.

PS, my build is designed to eventually have a loader. Hence gear reduction steering. That is what Really caused me to lose the deck lift.

I know its great to save money on purchases, 1100 for tractor does seem a bit high, but like Richard said it could be Higher working & the FEL, that 1 would be a good horse to bring to Big Show, Let you Guru's sort it out, Heck im just a Diesel Mechanic, You Guy's are the chosen ones LOL, so to speak 

Aldon
12 minutes ago, wallfish said:

WHAT?

Do we really need to talk you down from the ledge?

Just doesn’t make a lot of sense to drag tractors to Boise. Annual precipitation is 12” combined rain/snow. And it is quite possible this is where we end the merry go round and end up retiring.

On the fence

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 5

953 nut
10 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

You Guy's are the chosen ones

:angry-tappingfoot:         You chose us, remember, we were already here when YOU decided to join US.   :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Big_Red_Fred
Just now, 953 nut said:

:angry-tappingfoot:         You chose us, remember, we were already here when YOU decided to join US.   :ychain:

I'm Kneeling :bow-blue:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

953 nut
6 minutes ago, Aldon said:

doesn’t make a lot of sense to drag tractors to Boise.

I have never been to Boise, but I would wager that :wh: are a scarce commodity there.

• Like 5

ztnoo
10 minutes ago, Aldon said:

quite possible this is where we end the merry go round and end up retiring.

Then back to the firearms?

You might just "lose it" without a serious hobby to occupy your busy hands and mind........especially after retirement.

I would never have guessed the annual precipitation would be that low in Boise.  1f914.png.fb36f3cbcf4ce9f2ebabae17962210da.png

I would have thought it snowed tons there......

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 5

Big_Red_Fred

Ahhh, Retirement ! 4 years to go ! Beware Gentlemen ! When you see Big Red Fred at the show, i'm Carrying Ericj's baby, so try not to laugh:ychain::text-offtopic:

• Confused 2

PeacemakerJack
12 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I have never been to Boise, but I would wager that :wh: are a scarce commodity there.

People went out west to find gold—if you took your :wh: collection with you, I think that you’d be bringing the  “gold” to the west! 

Don’t do something in haste with this change of life that you’ll regret later. Plus—we’d miss you and your insightful posts too much!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Aldon, I can't take on none of your projects...... I can't even finish mine. :laughing-rolling: but I would love to latch onto one of your GT14's. Glad I'm planning to move somewhere I can get some use out if mine. But man's plans and The Lord's plans are two different things. We will see.

• Like 9

ACman

When you move west you’re still going to be in need of a tractor (I know you have several)..So why not have the baddest tractor on the block! Though if it was me it would be a plot of land somewhere outside of town where I could play with my all my toys . It does seem like all the rich folks are coming in and buying up ranches out west and driving up land prices. Wish they’d stay in their gated communities and leave us true land loving folks who’ll use it in which god intended. Farming, hunting, fishing not just for a status symbol. :twocents-02cents:

Edited by ACman
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Sparky

Everyone is calling this GT-14 an 8 speed conversion....but I'm only seeing the gear shifter and the not the hi/low lever. Could this be just a 4 speed swap, like a tranny from a B-80?

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred
4 hours ago, ACman said:

When you move west you’re still going to be in need of a tractor (I know you have several)..So why not have the baddest tractor on the block! Though if it was me it would be a plot of land somewhere outside of town where I could play with my all my toys . It does seem like all the rich folks are coming in and buying up ranches out west and driving up land prices. Wish they’d stay in their gated communities and leave us true land loving folks who us it in which god intended. Farming, hunting, fishing not just for a status symbol. :twocents-02cents:

ACman, your asserting yourself ! I like that LOL

32 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Everyone is calling this GT-14 an 8 speed conversion....but I'm only seeing the gear shifter and the not the hi/low lever. Could this be just a 4 speed swap, like a tranny from a B-80?

And Sparky is correct ! Where's the Hi/Lo range ?

• Like 1