Elkskin's mower junkyard

brought home one from scrapyard

Elkskin's mower junkyard

Just brought this home. Its a sears gt 14 variable speed tractor. I have been keeping my eye on it past few weeks at local scrapyard. so this morning i put my 500CCA John Deere jump battery in my truck and a can of carb cleaner. got to scrapyard and i looked around. it was still there so i went back to the office and told the manager i would like to buy it but only if i can see if it will fire on carb cleaner. He said ok so i took truck back where tractors are and jumped the solenoid with the jump battery and it spun will compression sprayed carb cleaner into carb choked it and it fired right up. so i never seen the bracket on the back before. i am thinking about saving that bracket back for hanging weights on. no hood or grill wiring needs gone through and throttle cable needs fixed. and will need belts. all 4 tires are shot. but hey engine show potential. if all else fails ill sell engine later on off it

1122171447-00.jpg

1122171447-01.jpg

1122171447-02.jpg

• Like 8

KC9KAS

That a Tecumseh engine?

The bracket may have been for a grass bagger?

Good save!

Elkskin's mower junkyard
1 hour ago, KC9KAS said:

That a Tecumseh engine?

The bracket may have been for a grass bagger?

Good save!

yes is a tecumseh ohv 14hp cast iron

• Like 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard

I am a little freaked out guys. Something was telling me to go get that gt14 for a few weeks now. well i broke down the rear tires because tires were shot. they did however hold air lol i played with them a little (i know dangerous). then i broke them down. i found a date on both rims. they are firestone rims (which i knew because i broke others down before and found similar stampings) but the date FREAKED me out, Feb. 7, 1978. my dad just past july 22nd of this year his birthday was feb 7. rims are getting repainted but i am masking up the date on both rims even though it will be on inside.

1123171702-01.jpg

1123171726-00.jpg

1123171737-00.jpg

• Like 2