ClassicTractorProfessor

New Shop

ebinmaine
47 minutes ago, ericj said:

watch putting things along both sides of the walls on a 12 ft wide shed, you'll run out of floor space real quick to pull a vehicle in the middle, ask me how I know :hide:

eric j 

:text-yeahthat:

Yeah. Same here... My shop is 16 x 20 and I'm often juggling for space.

Professor, have you got a layout in mind?

ClassicTractorProfessor

I have some ideas but nothing set in stone yet...haven't been able to work in there the past couple weeks...a friend of mine just got out of a really bad relationship and needed somewhere to put her things...so right now my shop is piled full of everything she owns

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Finally able to work on my shop some again...my friend came and got her things out of it a week or so ago. Picked up everything to finish up the interior wiring a couple days ago. Picked up three lights today, was gonna get all 5 but Wal-Mart only had 3. Ended up finding some 4' hanging LED lights for 20 a piece. Haven't got the electric company out here to hook me up yet, but temporarily ran a cord from.the house out here to at least have light. I must say I'm impressed with the lights, I think with all 5 it should be more than enough

IMG_20180106_162706.jpg

IMG_20180106_162737.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, Professor1990 said:

IMG_20180106_162737.jpg

Lookin good Professor !

Do you have any numbers or info to share about how to buy those lights?

I agree 2 more should about do it... Maybe another directly above a work bench?

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack

It is sooooo nice to have a good workshop area—I am really enjoying my newly heated space.  

5 lights will definitely do the trick.  Once you get your wiring set, are you going to go ahead and insulate?  

What at is your plans for interior covering (drywall, plywood, steel, etc)?  

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor
26 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Lookin good Professor !

Do you have any numbers or info to share about how to buy those lights?

I agree 2 more should about do it... Maybe another directly above a work bench?

They came from Wal-Mart, I'll attach a pic of the box. The first one you see along the back wall is directly above where my workbench is going to be, so that should be covered.

7 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

It is sooooo nice to have a good workshop area—I am really enjoying my newly heated space.  

5 lights will definitely do the trick.  Once you get your wiring set, are you going to go ahead and insulate?  

What at is your plans for interior covering (drywall, plywood, steel, etc)?  

Yes, the plan after getting all wiring done is to insulate, and then finish with drywall. I really think the white floor, combined with white walls and ceiling I shouldn't have any trouble seeing to work on projects in here 

IMG_20180106_171609.jpg

• Like 3

JPWH

Lighting looks good. It's going to be a nice workshop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Did some cleaning and putting stuff away tonight...May try to bring the C125 and the special C141 over this weekend and get them inside. Sure is nice to have a place with lights to tinker on things in lol

IMG_20180108_175751.jpg

IMG_20180108_175815.jpg

IMG_20180108_175741.jpg

IMG_20180108_175805.jpg

IMG_20180108_175757.jpg

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack

Are you in a place financially to insulate it right away?  If you are, do that before you bring anything over—then you will be able to work out there no matter how cold the weather with a basic radiant heater keeping the temps moderated.  I have one in my 14x30 shop and even during the -10 weather it stayed above 40. Now that temps are in the 30’s it is staying above 50 and that is running it at mid heat range.

just my :twocents-02cents:

it is looking really great and I’m excited for you!

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

Won't be able to do all the insulation or drywall at once, have to do it a little bit at a time out of each paycheck. My 1277, 701, Choremaster Model B, and most all of my tools are in my storage shed. That stuff will all stay in there until this project is completely done, don't want everything in my way trying to work, but the two C series are sitting outside behind my RV, and I don't like them being out in the elements. I figure those two won't take up much room, and the C125 can easily be started up and moved outside if need be

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Went ahead and got both tractors moved over from my house to the shop today...trying to figure out the best way to arrange everything... They take up more room than I remember lol

IMG_20180113_172050.jpg

IMG_20180113_165839.jpg

IMG_20180113_151726.jpg

IMG_20180113_151736.jpg

IMG_20180113_154632.jpg

IMG_20180113_172035.jpg

IMG_20180113_151747.jpg

• Like 5

ClassicTractorProfessor

Picked up the other two lights after work today...what a difference...I'm glad you guys talked me in to going with the LEDs. Oh and that's the special C141 in pieces on the floor...thread to start soon on that projectIMG_20180116_195052.jpg.2ddea8c05756156682282a084f6f5746.jpgIMG_20180116_195058.jpg.3adf8fd7399deb13fb1cc1395ee3da17.jpgIMG_20180116_202055.jpg.5c5b83db90e74c88dfede1700e9f6d08.jpg15161560507991990021773.jpg.892aada1c7be59573d76ef7be28c2e3f.jpg

• Excellent 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

That looks like will a great shop to work in . The lEDs are very bright, wish I had them in my shed. I will have check out Walmart on price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack
2 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

Oh and that's the special C141 in pieces on the floor...thread to start soon on that project15161560507991990021773.jpg.892aada1c7be59573d76ef7be28c2e3f.jpg

The shop is looking great Professor! I especially like the above picture—it’s what having a shop is all about!  A place to fix and maintain things out of inclement weather.  I will also be following your restoration thread when started...:popcorn:

• Thanks 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

That looks like will a great shop to work in . The lEDs are very bright, wish I had them in my shed. I will have check out Walmart on price.

They were just a few pennies shy of $20 each at our local store. Was able to light my entire shop with right at $100, didn't think that was too bad at all

38 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

The shop is looking great Professor! I especially like the above picture—it’s what having a shop is all about!  A place to fix and maintain things out of inclement weather.  I will also be following your restoration thread when started...:popcorn:

Thanks, going to try and start a thread for it over in the resto section in the next day or two. Gonna be a lot of long nights over the next few months in that shop If this one is gonna be ready in time for the Big Show, not to mention the elderly friend who bought this tractor brand new health is going downhill pretty fast, would like to have it all done where he can see it and maybe take one more ride on it

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

Big_Red_Fred
18 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Should i bring Farmer Alex down & build you a Big Red Shed from Fred ? He's a old builder too & electrician LOL

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

Should i bring Farmer Alex down & build you a Big Red Shed from Fred ? He's a old builder too & electrician LOL

I'd take you up on that Fred. 

I got sum hammuhs an' nayulls an' such like. 

• Haha 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Big_Red_Fred If only , I could not afford materials , the wife would kill me 3 times 1. for something else in the yard, 2. the house needs a new deck and roof and 3. just because I thing she has a plan so she won't get caught. You can sit down for this: We are billed for a storm water tax , it is calculated by the size of your driveway (even if it is gravel ) and by the roof area of all buildings. I don't need to pay any more taxes.

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
left out words
  • Like 1

WHX??

Looking good Prof... your gonna like the little power that those leds use as well. I would suggest some shelves for storing junk on  and a work bench with the invaulable bench vice but that stuff comes naturally over time. The looks of those trusses you might be able to deck a little of it off for parts stashing above.

I am looking at a shed like that for storage rather than a work shop. Not quite sure what I am gonna do yet but if I don't get off my keester and get my builder @PeacemakerJack some heat in his shop he's gonna gimme the bird and tell me I am on my own! :)

• Haha 5

PeacemakerJack

Although I am looking forward to heat in the shed, I’ll plan on helping you with design and/or build when you are ready Jim. We could have an old fashioned “mini barn” raising weekend sometime this spring or summer!  :tools-hammerdrill:Get the rest of the Circle there, if possible and have a blast getting some work done.:chores-mop: The Professor certainly has a nice “shack” and very functional!

• Like 3

Achto
1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

We could have an old fashioned “mini barn” raising weekend sometime this spring or summer!  :tools-hammerdrill:Get the rest of the Circle there, if possible and have a blast getting some work done

Count me in! :beer: Wait in mean :tools-hammerdrill::D

Nice looking shop that you have there Professor.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big_Red_Fred
22 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I'd take you up on that Fred. 

I got sum hammuhs an' nayulls an' such like. 

Hes like you Eric, Bad to the Bone

ClassicTractorProfessor

Went ahead and bought all the insulation for the walls today...May regret it later in the week before next payday but was tired of being cold lol

IMG_20180118_125737.jpg

IMG_20180118_164818.jpg

IMG_20180118_170600.jpg

IMG_20180118_164822.jpg

IMG_20180118_125747.jpg

IMG_20180118_153821.jpg

IMG_20180118_170605.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

PeacemakerJack

Professor—you are smarter than I was! It took me years before I broke down and did that—I’m in my heated/insulated shop right now and enjoying every minute of it.  Awesome!

• Like 6

ClassicTractorProfessor

I just hope it didn't put me in a bind later on in the week...Oh well I guess if it does I can always eat my ramen noodles for supper and then work on the tractor in a nice warm shop :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6