rlf

FEL Attachment to 520 h

rlf

Does anyone know the load capacity of the rear and mid  quick attach brackets?  I am considering using them to mount a sub-frame on which to attach a front end loader.

Ed Kennell

I have never seen the load capacity ratings you are looking for, but by measuring the cross sectional area of the weakest points and multiplying the area times 60,000PSI (tensile strength of mild steel), you can calculate the capacity of the brackets.        Keep in mind this is where it will break. For a working load limit, use a safety factor of five.

The mounting bolts may be the weak link.

TensileStrength.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

lynnmor

My Quik-Way sub frame was made to use the front and center attachment points and the rear of it was to straddle the axle housings.  Mine is modified to clip in the rear attachment that is used for snow plow and tiller usage.  I have worked it hard for twenty some years with no failures.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

rlf

Thanks.  Looking at the task, it seemed that the Attach-amatics would be just as and stronger than bolts available or weakening the frame with holes.  Time to start cutting and welding.

WNYPCRepair

I built my own, but it was copied from a Kwik-Way loader, I believe. @Snowmobileaddict would know better, I copied his build somewhat. 

Mine uses the mid point, and attaches around the rear axle with square U bolts