bluelinehiway

522 xi mower deck front wheel mod?

bluelinehiway

Finished the last mow of the season yesterday and am looking for a winter project to make this tractor better. One area that I'd like to investigate is a retrofit to the front roller wheels on my 60" deck. I'd like to ask if anyone has modified the front wheels to a caster rather than a "locked" wheel so that when the tractor is turned, the wheels follow the tractor rather than just stay pinned into the wheel mount. Has anyone done this to their deck? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

shallowwatersailor

That is a good idea. I'm not aware of it being done by anyone though. One thing to keep in mind is the height required for the castor wheel attachment. It will need to stay low enough to slide the deck under the tractor.

Lee1977
51 minutes ago, shallowwatersailor said:

That is a good idea. I'm not aware of it being done by anyone though. One thing to keep in mind is the height required for the castor wheel attachment. It will need to stay low enough to slide the deck under the tractor.

If you could secure the deck where it couldn't move and provide a ramp you could drive over the deck to mount it.