Redisbest

522xi snowblower questions

Redisbest

...last season decided to retire my 520H and bought a 522xi with  blower  and cab  very,very low hrs....my problem is down pressure(esp on gravel driveways untill a good freeze has set in) with the very heavy blower....I added washers to the pick up shaft to get more height ( to load into cargo trailer) this really don't affect down pressure to much.I know you can adjust the threaded pick up arms that work with the hyd cylinder but I go from gravel to concrete to ashphalt...and need down pressure at the end of driveways for getting down where original driveway was (thanks to road commission doing there job) on my 520 I  let  the blower just float and it worked fine....most of the time....but the skid shoes would still sink in on some driveways....I thought of fabricating some wider shoes with uhmw polyethylene base to ride up on gravel and not leave scrape marks on customers driveways.....but concerned about gravel build up on turns......any suggestions would be appreciated...this is commercial application. I wish these units had a adj hyd stop that was handy. We

WVHillbilly520H

The 2stage I bought for my 520H the PO had a wide set of skids made(last pic) as he was mostly clearing gravel but they were nearly rusted off from the DOT road salt fronting his home, he said it kept it up out of the gravel, I made a new set(1st pic) not quite as big but larger than stock, I've been seeing skids with wheels now but don't know if they'll fit, Jeff. 

IMAG1758.jpg

Screenshot_20171111-200746.png

Screenshot_20171116-045733.png