FatJackDurham

Simplicity 8 HP tractor - Can it Snow blow?

FatJackDurham

My buddy has a simplicity 12 hp with a briggs engine, the engine has a bad Carb (un rebuildable) and a bad starter. Shop charges $270 for parts just for that.

We are seeing an 8 hp simplicity tractor for $200 on CL.

Any thoughts on being able to slap the snow thrower from the 12 onto the 8?

Edited by FatJackDurham

Achto
5 hours ago, FatJackDurham said:

If the thrower is a single stage it should have enough power, I don't think it would work with a 2 stage though.

WVHillbilly520H

RaThere's the thing that unlike :wh:, most other brands don't have the across the board interchangeability, CUB CADET for instance had narrow frames then wide frames then within the wide frames they changed just enough that the older attachments wouldn't work without modifying, also vertical shaft vs horizontal, of course WH has different models within the same year that won't interchange either, you really need to research the Simplicity line up model to model, (TractorData.com) ,Jeff.

ebinmaine
On 11/15/2017 at 10:40 AM, FatJackDurham said:

My buddy has a simplicity 12 hp with a briggs engine, the engine has a bad Carb (un rebuildable) and a bad starter. Shop charges $270 for parts just for that.

We are seeing an 8 hp simplicity tractor for $200 on CL.

IIFF your buddy LIKES the 12hp he has, I'd spend the extra $70 and fix that.

Here's why: You know what you have in that  machine and what it will do, but not the other one. You may very well be buying "someone else's problem".

If you drop 2 bills on it... then it needs more to adapt the blower or even run right... who knows?

Then considering the power: 8hp will move snow. Sometimes only in small strips but it will move snow. But it will also have to move the tractor with a rider.

Yes - It would push snow... but maybe pretty slow at times. 12 hp would be a lot better suited.

It may be worth the time and effort to call around to other repair shops, look on the "internets" sites, watch CL or ask here to see if you can do A lot better on those parts prices...

IMHO.