Pho Guy

Anyone recognize this Work Horse?

Ed Kennell

I don't have any personal knowledge of this tractor, but it is a great looking machine.

You may try PMing Ken @kdeatrick as he has done some amazing Work Horse restorations and may have seen this tractor.

Good luck

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

:WRS:         Would need the Model number to be sure, but early '80s for sure. This '83 manual should come in handy.

:text-coolphotos:                                           :text-bravo:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pho Guy

It appears to be 1982 GT 1142 according to the sticker. Someone added a 16HP  Briggs  and decals to make it a GT 1642.

I like the darker gray paint.  I'll  post pics of the plow that came with it soon. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

roadapples
4 hours ago, Pho Guy said:

4 hours ago, Pho Guy said:

I like the darker gray paint.  

Me too.. 

UncleJerm76
12 hours ago, Pho Guy said:

It appears to be 1982 GT 1142 according to the sticker. Someone added a 16HP  Briggs  and decals to make it a GT 1642.

I like the darker gray paint.  I'll  post pics of the plow that came with it soon. 

I want that motor, zowie! Grey paint is on poiint, beautiful change up to the color scheme. Thanks for sharing. 

chip61

I like the darker grey too!! I have a very rough 416H that I was thinking about painting grey instead of red, now I really want to do it.

Pho Guy

I'm starting to understand why so many of you talk about this "addiction". I got my first WH last month. I now have two. 

The nice lady I married 20 some years ago has made it clear that we don't need any more tractors. I feel like I'm just getting started. LOL

IMG_0295.jpg

• Like 7

AMC RULES

You just gotta be relentless with your :wh: obsession.

Just keep chipping away, one at a time.

She'll come around, sooner or later.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Buy her a real nice Christmas present , then find a few more attachments. Then you can explain (look worried ) than you need a horse for each attachment due to the age of the tractors. A tarp also helps for sneaking equipment into the garage , uncover in a few months . Explanation " Honey it has been here for months remember we talked about it " , that usually does  not work " she who must be obeyed remembers everything "

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

BOB ELLISON

Do what I did when I got a B80 and didn't say anything to my wife. I just stuck it in the garage with the other 5 and she didn't even notice. But that only works if you have more than 2.

That's a really nice workhorse. I've always wanted a 18hp one. If I ever find a nice one I'll have to tell my wife because there so much different then the red ones and she'll notice it. Or I could tell her after so many years they turn gray !!!!

Edited by BOB ELLISON
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Pho Guy

Great suggestions. Unfortunately, the nice lady is smarter than me. :( and as I've learned many times, she is very observant. As ElCamino stated, "she who must be obeyed, remembers everything":

For now, I'm going with the ....we'll be moving now that the kids are gone. I want a little more property and will need a tractor/plow/tiller/etc. in order to take care of the place. I don't have an answer for having two tractors at this time but I'm working on it.

Thanks for the help.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

JoeM

I always ask how many purses she has.

Things quiet down there after.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

jay bee

When asked "why did you buy another one?"  The proper answer is "because I'm going to sell that one over there".  She will usually say "Oh, O.K."   I just never get around to selling that other one over there.  Works for me!!!

• Like 7

Sarge

I know the feeling , thinned mine down to 3 - now back up to 5 again and some need major repairs . I lightly mentioned getting a couple engines totally rebuilt - her eyebrows went into that Irish "wft" angle and her eyes changed two colors in less than a couple seconds , oops . Last time was an experimental 1.3L/1.6L hybrid Suzuki engine that went well north of 5k - and lasted about 2hrs running time but it did dyno at 165hp....lol .

Not even going to mention the Buffalo drill press that just got handed to me , the Clausing is still in pieces all over the shop/basement....

Sarge

Pho Guy

I'm starting to think the wife subject deserves it's own thread. LOL

Thanks to all for the feedback. Great forum.

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Sarge Being married to an Irish Lass is a challenge , mine is  59% Irish and does not mind telling me so on a basis if she thinks it is necessary . My wife's eyes changes colors so often every day I am not sure what color they are.

• Haha 1

Gary Hostler
On 11/14/2017 at 3:10 PM, Pho Guy said:

I'm trying to piece together it's history.

Thanks,

IMG_0267.jpg

Gary Hostler

The tractor is a true 1642 GT it is not a 1142

The Tuul Crib

You need to by her a tractor of her own and ride together!:banana-dance:

• Like 1

Lee1977

I remember some one the board painting one that color. It was a few years back but I don't remember who. 

Blackhood Bill

From what I know - very little - I just bought a GT1800 and there is, I heard a black paint option. I have a pic of it. Now I'm not sure if I want go original colors or do the black  1st pic mine in original color. 2nd pic is what I found as the black paint option.

IMG_0772.JPG.ad5998ed4891b908f95ab588f07b34b8.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG.c93b74c666b671ff8a91445d277ba890.JPG

• Like 2

Blackhood Bill

Maybe tried to simulate but used grey instead.