Lane Ranger

Big Auction at Flat Rock, Indiana on Saturday November 11, 2017

Lane Ranger

Went to a big auction in Flat Rock, Indiana (south of Shelbyville, Indiana) on Saturday.  I bought one item a nice  single stage snowblower that was complete with lift rod and flag that takes the assist spring.

Over 15 Wheel Horse tractors that were later than 1967 sold at the sale with some selling for as little as $25. 

The most interesting one was the B-145  with Elek Trak fork lift.   A second Elek-Trak fork lift sold for just $25.

I saw several of my Wheel Horse friends at the auction including :  Karl Stohry, Tony Henderson, and met some new ones including: Daniel Baute, and Ben Pile. 

The night before the auction someone stole the radiator cap off of the Ford Model T one ton truck and an anvil was taken off of the stump (in photo with grinding wheel). How does that happen? A Shelby County Deputy Sheriff told me that "someone must have had big pockets"!

NOTE:

"American Pickers"  on Monday night November 13, 2017 at 9:00 PM  will have an episode at the Pile Family home in Marietta, Indiana .   Met Ben Pile at the Auction in Flat Rock, Indiana and he mentions this so we were able to visit at their place after the auction.

089.JPG

088.JPG

090.JPG

087.JPG

085.JPG

082.JPG

084.JPG

DSCN9225.JPG

DSCN9228.JPG

DSCN9234.JPG

DSCN9223.JPG

DSCN9222.JPG

DSCN9226.JPG

DSCN9227.JPG

DSCN9232.JPG

DSCN9219.JPG

DSCN9220.JPG

DSCN9224.JPG

094.JPG

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 8
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
2 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

anvil was taken off of the stump (in photo with grinding wheel). How does that happen? A Shelby County Deputy Sheriff told me that "someone must have had big pockets"!

The culprit was also seeking Hernia repair surgery.      :ychain:

:text-coolphotos:        Thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity, how much did the one with the vintage hub caps go for?

DSCN9225.JPG.2144ebcf8b5d5a53f9b106dfafa85b58.JPG

Lane Ranger

1257  with hubcaps and snowblower went for about $325.

• Excellent 1

ohiofarmer

What about the motorcycles? Remember anything about what they were and how much they went for?   That side car unit looks first rate!

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=3001013&category=0&zip=&kwd=

Found it. Wow that guy must have led an interesting life.

Edited by ohiofarmer

Lane Ranger

THEY WENT FOR BIG BUCKS $$$

JJ1953

Is that a 1046 I'm seeing?

Lane Ranger

Yes there was a 1046 Wheel Horse sold at this auction!