DennisThornton

Empire? Neatest tractor I've seen in a while!

Achto

Very cool tractor!! I have never seen one of these.

elcamino/wheelhorse

That is one great looking tractor. First time I have ever heard of one. 

slim67

It ought to be reliable with the Willys components. 

DennisThornton
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

That is one great looking tractor. First time I have ever heard of one. 

Makes me feel better. New to me! 

40 minutes ago, slim67 said:

It ought to be reliable with the Willys components. 

With all that why haven't we heard of it? Confuses me.  

slim67
9 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Makes me feel better. New to me! 

With all that why haven't we heard of it? Confuses me.  

Good question. Wasnt there a lot of companies trying to offer a tractor about equal to the Cub? Maybe it wasnt the right size for suburban people that made garden tractors so desirable?

953 nut
5 hours ago, slim67 said:

Good question. Wasnt there a lot of companies trying to offer a tractor about equal to the Cub? Maybe it wasnt the right size for suburban people that made garden tractors so desirable?

As Dennis said in the first post, they were going over seas.

The Empire tractor was originally made for exportation in the Lend-Lease Program after World War II. 

slim67
7 hours ago, 953 nut said:

As Dennis said in the first post, they were going over seas.

The Empire tractor was originally made for exportation in the Lend-Lease Program after World War II. 

I overlooked that part:think:. It's still a neat tractor though.

• Like 1

LengerichKA88

That is a cool looking tractor. Wonder if it being intended for use overseas, the name was a bit of sarcsasm on someone’s part 

LengerichKA88

Neat little clip I found with one running. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

The Tuul Crib
On 12/27/2018 at 7:13 PM, KyleLengerich said:

This is the kind of stuff I'd like to see. The diversity of machinery made from surplus parts '

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

Commanding higher than average prices...

5K,  that's :wh: Ride-Away Senior territory.

Stormin
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:09 AM, KyleLengerich said:

Wonder if it being intended for use overseas, the name was a bit of sarcsasm on someone’s part 

More than likely. We've had to put up with quite a bit of that from certain quarters. :rolleyes:

If any came into Britain I can't say. I haven't heard or seen of them myself. I'd like to find one though.

• Haha 1

Pullstart
On 12/27/2018 at 8:13 PM, KyleLengerich said:

See that white paint job on the Farmall at the end?  Me Likey!  I could see that landing on a :wh: some day!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

E93BBB83-6332-486A-AF5F-E65209D54A6F.jpeg

• Excellent 1

LengerichKA88
9 minutes ago, pullstart said:

See that white paint job on the Farmall at the end?  Me Likey!  I could see that landing on a :wh: some day!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

E93BBB83-6332-486A-AF5F-E65209D54A6F.jpeg

I thought about that myself actually haha!

It would have to be a trailer queen though.... mow the grass with it it’ll look like you spilled bleach on a JD 😂😂

off topic but, is that the desktop view of the site? I’ve not seen that view before, but I’m only ever on my phone 

• Haha 1

Pullstart
29 minutes ago, KyleLengerich said:

I thought about that myself actually haha!

It would have to be a trailer queen though.... mow the grass with it it’ll look like you spilled bleach on a JD 😂😂

off topic but, is that the desktop view of the site? I’ve not seen that view before, but I’m only ever on my phone 

Good point, I guess it would make a mean snow machine though...

It’s on an iPad.  I use the PC too and it looks the same.  If I turn my screen vertical the whole view changes (I assume like a phone?)

Pullstart

And totally off topic, here s the reply screen too

69DFFDAC-DA17-446F-8413-8837FDF2EB3B.png