Tankman

12” Rims

Tankman

See lots of decent 12” 5-lug wheels, priced decent.

Are any other garden tractor wheels a match for our Horses?

Correct offset? :wacko:

Edited by Tankman

pfrederi

To be sure you have adequate clearance you need 1-3/8 inch back set.  Many other brands (JD) use a 2-3/8 back set.  Depending on your model the 2-3/8 may work if you do not want chains.  Hydro fans can be a problem with the deeper backset however depending on your tire size

• Like 3

Tankman

Thanks. Guess I could use 1” spacers if needed.

FYI. Mrs. born in Binghamton, NY but lived in Montrose, PA. 

Foggy AM’s lately here by Allentown!

Achto

I borrowed at set of 23x10.50 ag's on Cub Cadet rims from a friend for my Raider 12 ( so I could participate in a plow day) . I liked the look and the 10.50's did not stick out of the fenders much more than the 8.50's did with the :wh: rims. Here's a pic with one of each wheels.

IMG_20171017_174739590-min.jpg.e18b6b72b193dcd97e99989bae4781a4.jpg

With both 10.50's

IMG_20171017_181012711-min.jpg.a6a93a779380b537781bacac63c8763a.jpg

Edited by Achto
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

andyk

The rims from my  old Bolens 850 bolted right up.they looked identical.

WP_20160530_002.jpg

IMG_20170824_163618060.jpg

• Like 2

littleredrider

I have a set of cub cadet rims on my 520, and is incredibly close, and will rub if air is too low. On my (g/f's) tractor I put some serious diggers on it, and the lugs rub. Can't get the hubs to break free so gonna get a set of automotive spacers. Tho the rims do have the proper offset. I got a set of rims off a grounds keeper type thing, and fit perfect.

dtallon

I run John Deere rims on my C-160 Auto for mowing and "Bronco 12" full-time.  I like the look of the tires pulled in closer, and they take up just a little less storage space that way.   On the C-160 I have Carlisle 23x10.5-12's on rims made for 8.5's.  The narrower rims pull the tire in just enough to clear the hydro motor by about 3/4".  It probably wouldn't work with wider rims.  Figuring this out was purely accidental.  They came on a Deere I had for a while, and I put them on the C-160 to try and it worked.  For plowing, I put on 23x8.5-12 Firestones on Wheel Horse rims to allow more space for mud buildup.  The picture of the Bronco is deceiving, but there is a little over an inch between the tire and the hydro motor with 23x8.5-12's.  Now that I think about it, the rims on the Bronco were originally off of a Montgomery Wards, but the backspacing was the same as a Deere.  

Dave

c160_tires.jpg

bronco_tires.jpg

• Like 2