DBlackston

SR-64 Speed Reduction Lot Dimensions

DBlackston

Hello All,

This may be long and it is my first post here.

I recently made my first wheel horse purchases. My grandpa has had several of the A-90 style wheel horse tractors. Having been in a wreck many years ago he drives them around the tractor shows rather than walking. 

He wanted an RJ but they are few and far between here in Kansas, so I settled upon getting him an early round hood as a surprise, albeit early Christmas present. I found semi locally 2 round hoods for sale. A 653 and a 704 for $350. Neither ran, the 653 did not have an installed motor. The deal came with a H60 and a K181.

I gave him the 653 and the locked up H60. He quickly freed the motor but has not taken delivery of the tractor yet for restoration. 

I plan on using mine like his when I go to shows to poke around on. However having recently purchased my first house and small acerage, and being an avid gardener I plan to put mine to work.

So I fell off the deep end and immediately purchased:

Mid and rear mount cultivators.

Mid mount blade

Front mount blade

Extra wheels for a dual setup

Rear Plow ( I need a coulter though)

Dump cart (bathtub type)

HY-3 hydraulic setup

WT-XXX Tiller

I also purchased a SR-64 speed reduction kit cover which brings me to the meat of this post. I would like to use my tiller with the reduction kit to work my garden.

I feel that I can easily piece together the required components. 

Flat bar, 7 1/2" pulley, 2 idlers a belt and various hardware.

But the dimensions of the idler setup I would like to mimic as close as possible. 

If someone has one of these setups and is willing to measure it I would be very greatful.

If you want to know what I need then I can elaborate. However I essentially need every dimension of that bar and how it is constructed. Pics would be so helpful.

Pictures if the tiller and my cover included. Not my pictures they are from the sellers posts.

Having a semi permanent speed reduction kit doesn't bother me too much as I plan on buying another round hood after this one is refurbished. After all......that HY-3 won't fit on my 704. Don't tell my wife.....

Thank you in advance.

FB_IMG_1506887646271.jpg

received_1692013977477001.jpeg

Pictures of the 704 and 653

20170917_124236.jpg

20170917_124158.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

DBlackston

Pictures of the idler setup I need to manufacture. As well as some other information concerning it. 

Screenshot_20170923-193524.png

post-2232-0-61577400-1331339054.jpg

FB_IMG_1506315057985.jpg

• Like 2

gwest_ca

I believe the 3542 idler pulleys are also used on the RJ-58 for the tractor drive belt idler. 2" OD I think.

Garry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
13 hours ago, DBlackston said:

fell off the deep end and immediately purchased

Your right at home with this crowd then!

Sorry I can't help you out with those needed dims but hopefully some who can will chime in.

:WRS:

• Like 1

953 nut
18 hours ago, DBlackston said:

I plan on buying another round hood after this one is refurbished. After all......that HY-3 won't fit on my 704. Don't tell my wife.

:WRS:             your secret is safe with us.       :ychain:                          :text-coolphotos:

59fa19c045666_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.3cd7e77fa839e4226aa8d16c7daa04bc.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

DBlackston

Surely someone here has one. You guys have everything!

DBlackston

Anyone?

DBlackston

Still looking.

Anyone have a lead?

Jennifer
On 11/16/2017 at 10:18 PM, DBlackston said:

Still looking.

Anyone have a lead?

Have you had any luck?  We to are looking?

DBlackston

Unfortunately no. I have never got accurate dinensions of the bar and have not located a source for the larger pulley. 

The smaller pulleys can be had from wheel horse parts and more and the hardware should be some standard stuff from mcmaster. 

• Thanks 1

AMC RULES

gwest_ca
3 hours ago, DBlackston said:

Unfortunately no. I have never got accurate dinensions of the bar and have not located a source for the larger pulley. 

The smaller pulleys can be had from wheel horse parts and more and the hardware should be some standard stuff from mcmaster. 

One of these should work for the large pulley. This company is similar to Northern tool.

Do you know the diameter that will fit in there?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/weld-on-pulleys/product/PA1000001341?skuId=8033789

Add a 3/4" bore hub I think for the input shaft from the "W" series

https://www.princessauto.com/en/w-series-weld-on-hubs/product/PA1000001384?skuId=3845138