Sign in to follow this  
Big_Red_Fred

D Series Tractors

Big_Red_Fred

Hey everyone, its BRF or Fred, i have a Question, i dont know :wh: Like most of you, still learning, i'm Very Good at Fixing the engines tho i'm told & Trouble shooting like the D200 i bought Farmer Alex, i seek lots advice from 953nut, he knows his Horses & i trust him along with Ericj my new local Friend, My Question is how many D looking Tractors their really is ? I seen the D250. 200, 180 & 160, but im told their is more ! What are they called ? Maybe you can send a Pic of it ? I'm not buying any more this year, i have enuf to fix for the BIG SHOW of 2018 & get that Hibachi Grill mounted to a Wagon so i can make you all Laugh & say What a Nut that BRF is ! Thanks my fellow Club Members

b v wheel 2017

No wheelhorse  only made the four models the d 160 was from 74- 81 the do 80 was 74 75 the d 200 was 74- 81 the d 250 was 76 - 81  there mite be other ones that look like them   interesting question   fred

• Like 1

gwest_ca

The first D-style Auto tractor was the 1973 18hp Automatic - the no-name year. In 1974 is was named the D-180 Auto.

The D-250 10-Speed was imported from Germany.

Garry

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Big_Red_Fred Fred with all your money , I will take a D-250 , I will even let you deliver to my house:ROTF:

• Haha 1

Big_Red_Fred
13 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Big_Red_Fred Fred with all your money , I will take a D-250 , I will even let you deliver to my house:ROTF:

I found 2 with Fels LOL dont get me riled up Jim hahaha

56 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

The first D-style Auto tractor was the 1973 18hp Automatic - the no-name year. In 1974 is was named the D-180 Auto.

The D-250 10-Speed was imported from Germany.

Garry

Must be the no names Garry, they told me at work didnt say D any where on them ? 

1 hour ago, b v wheel 2017 said:

No wheelhorse  only made the four models the d 160 was from 74- 81 the do 80 was 74 75 the d 200 was 74- 81 the d 250 was 76 - 81  there mite be other ones that look like them   interesting question   fred

There's a D250 your way, spoke to him last weekend, has a FEL

elcamino/wheelhorse

Fred , A unit with a FEL would be very nice . When can you deliver ?

Thinking about the d-250 they came with a Renault engine ( I had 1957 Renault which was one step below a Yugo ) . Has anyone ever replaced the French engine with a more modern water cooled unit ?

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred
15 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Fred , A unit with a FEL would be very nice . When can you deliver ?

Thinking about the d-250 they came with a Renault engine ( I had 1957 Renault which was one step below a Yugo ) . Has anyone ever replaced the French engine with a more modern water cooled unit ?

I have a 4 cylinder Deutz Diesel sitting on a engine stand in my shop, air cooled, no coolant, now that would pull the Butt hair off Sasquatch Rear ;-) ouch,  Dont twist my arm too much, your wish may come true LOL ! Then the woman will wack u with a ole skillet

• Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

You go ahead attach a rope to the Sasquatch rear and I 'll watch. If the wife hit me with the skillet who would do the house husband duties , she doesn't do yard work and has not been up to speed on the house work in the last 3 years.