clueless

Deck idler pulley ?

clueless

I decided to clean up and refurbish the 37" side discharge deck that came with the 1988 312-8 that I bought  a couple of years ago. PO had replaced the both spindle bearings and had some welding done. After tearing it down it looks to be in good shape, found a couple of hair line cracks, going to get those welded. Both the front idler pulleys are bad, Jack's lists two pulley options 111170- $61.00, 112791- $40.00. Anybody know why the difference and has anyone used the cheaper one. This deck will be used very little, leaf removal three or four times a year, about 6 hours a year. The deck is a 0537sc01   

Edited by clueless

daveoman1966

How does $57 bux for BOTH of them sound.(25 EACH)..SHIPPED... used, of course, but not abused....  here is a pic of one of them. #112791

520 IDL (11).JPG

520 IDL (9).JPG

520 IDL (8).JPG

Lee1977

I don't know what model deck you have. It's my understanding that the 37" decks came with two different belts according to the models.

Some had double "V" belts and some had standard "V" belts with a flat back. That could be the reason there are two idlers listed.

As with all other Wheel Horse equipment model number might not tell what you have with idlers and belts being changed over the last 29 years.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

The six-sided belt on the 05-37SC01 uses two of 104974 replaced by 92-7103 front V-idler mule pulleys - 4-1/4" OD.

If there is one flat and one V-idler it has been changed to what the 05-37SC02 used.

The 111170 is a V-idler on the deck and 2 used on the 05-37SC01 if it still uses the 6-sided belt.

The 112791 is a left flat-idler on the 05-37SC02 deck using flat-idler 119130 on the right.

Garry

Adding

I see what they have done. The online parts lists for both the 05-37SC01 and 05-37SC02 show all the pulleys for both decks. Makes it very confusing.

clueless

Ok, both are V belt pulleys.

clueless
3 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

The six-sided belt on the 05-37SC01 uses two of 104974 replaced by 92-7103 front V-idler mule pulleys - 4-1/4" OD.

If there is one flat and one V-idler it has been changed to what the 05-37SC02 used.

The 111170 is a V-idler on the deck and 2 used on the 05-37SC01 if it still uses the 6-sided belt.

The 112791 is a flat idler

Garry

Adding

I see what they have done. The online parts lists for both the 05-37SC01 and 05-37SC02 show all the pulleys for both decks. Makes it very confusing.

Garry, thanks, once again your spot on, I need two 111170 pulleys.

gwest_ca
10 hours ago, clueless said:

Garry, thanks, once again your spot on, I need two 111170 pulleys.

Have in my notes this 111170 pulley has a 4-1/2" OD. Is that correct?

Garry

clueless

10 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Have in my notes this 111170 pulley has a 4-1/2" OD. Is that correct?

Garry

Gary, the pulleys are 4-1/4" OD with 3/8" ID bearing. The overall height 1-1/8" with the pulley sitting on the extended end of the bearing. Did a little research, looks like I'm going to have to buy the Toro part. Jack's got them for $60 plus shipping, Killian's $73 plus shipping. Looks like with the two pulleys, a new belt, and some welding I'll be into this things for over $200. Wasn't my plan, but I'm sure it will last another 30 years. The 111170 is the right pulley, there are two of them for this deck. They are both V-idlers. 

IMG_6322.JPG

IMG_6327.JPG

IMG_6329.JPG

elcamino/wheelhorse

Hey Chris there was a guy on the forum who had a boat load of pulleys for sale most looked brand new . I can not remember when he put in classifieds but maybe 6 to 9 months ago. You may want to give him a shout.

gwest_ca

Thanks for the 4-1/4" diameter.

Would the bearing be a 6203 in the pulley with the tape on it? If it is try drilling the spot welds to be replaced with machine screws and locknuts. The center bushing should come out and go into the new bearing. If not the bushings are a popular item for the 6203 bearings.

Garry

Added a Banta Saw Stens idler pulley catalog to our files

• Like 1

clueless
On 10/30/2017 at 7:07 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Hey Chris there was a guy on the forum who had a boat load of pulleys for sale most looked brand new . I can not remember when he put in classifieds but maybe 6 to 9 months ago. You may want to give him a shout.

Thanks, Jim, the guy goes by greenbrushtrees, here. He sent me two new 111170 pulleys shipped for $47.50 :handgestures-thumbupright:, the cheapest I could find was 60.00 each plus shipping. Yesterday was at my sisters house, B-I-L asked about the deck in the truck bed, told him I was going to get some welding done. He said the old guy down the road does some welding for him, the guy use to fab roll bars and frames for the local short track and drag racers back in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Three hours, a few beer, $20.00, and some great stories, deck looks great. New belt is $52.00, so what looked to be a $200.00 + refurb, ends up $120.00 and a new friend. 

• Like 2

Sarge

Best friend in the world is a welder - ask all of mine....I do more for them than myself half the time and it really needs to stop . Gotten some great help/tips from the shop owner next door to me - this guy can fix any ag equipment made and has 10yrs experience on me - he's getting a nice tig torch I've kept as a spare due to a warranty fluke with CK Worldwide . It's a very nice Flex-Loc head type and will go nicely with his new AHP 200 .

He's coming around more and more to tig lately since getting that new welder - his big Miller mig is spending a lot of time just sitting in the shop unused - nice not to have all those spatter sparks flying around for a change .

Sarge