efaubert1

18HPB&S/HS Recommended Plugs and muffler?

efaubert1

So I have an 18 HP B&S HS in a Work Horse GT. What plugs do you all recommend for the L head? I am installing a stock muffler as well. Currently it has two homemade stack threaded into the exhaust ports. What parts do I need to install the factory replacement muffler as it should be? I am looking for which "864" part numbers I will need since all that is there is the threads in the block and I know the muffler is a slip fit into a mounting part.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations

953 nut

:WRS:             Champion RJ19LM should be the correct plug for your engine. Can't give any guidance on the muffler.

• Like 1

aHorseofCourse

You would need 864 'B' or 'C' if you are putting on the '300' muffler.  The 'C' screws into the pipe threads in the block and 'B' has a flange that bolts into the threaded holes along side the exhaust port.  Not sure you will be able to find any of them tho.  I looked for some last year and struck out so you might have to get creative.  Also, the steel exhaust tends to weld itself into the aluminum block so be careful taking old one out, if you can get them out at all.

Spark plugs, I used Briggs part number 796112.  Here's the numbers in the manual.

IMG_1464.PNG.626bb229c51d8c668b89a1d02ed87cb4.PNG

• Like 1