Joel G

Mower deck options for C-100

Joel G

Hi, I'm brand new to the forum and just brought home (last night) my first Wheelhorse tractor.  It's a '75 C-100 and it's in great shape.  Unfortunately it did not come with a mower deck and so I am looking at my options.  As far as I can tell the 5-1011 is the OEM for a 42" side discharge deck.  I was, however told that both side and rear discharge options were (or are now) available.

That said, I would love to find a used 42" mower deck that fits my tractor, however I am not sure how to properly ID it if I come across one.  Would the model # be 5-1011, and if so would it be stamped on the deck?

I have also heard that new ones can be bought through Toro, however I would rather not spend thousands on an aftermarket mower deck if I can restore an original for less $.

IMG_1294.JPG

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum

The 5-1011 was the 42" SD deck sold in 1975 for your tractor. Notice it used blades with a 5/8" x 3/4" double-D center hole which are next to impossible to find now. Later decks used blades with a 3/4" center hole.

Here is a list of the decks in the order they were produced

5-1001 replaces RL-426, 5-1421, 5-1422, 5-1423, 5-1000

5-1001 replaced by 5-1010, 5-1011, 5-1012, 65-42MS01, 65-42MS02, 75-42MS01 (Blades up to this point had a 5/8" x 3/4" double-D center hole)

(The following decks used blades with a 3/4" center hole) 75-42MS02, 85-42MS01, 95-42MS00, 95-42MS01, 05-42MS01, 05-42MS02, 05-42MS03, 05-42MS04, 05-42MS05, 15-42SC01, 15-42SC02, 15-42SC03/78345

& 85551 front hitch

Decks all had an ID plate or decal with the model number and serial number on them but most end up lost or unreadable.

All the 3/4" blade decks look almost identical with subtle design changes for improvement.

Familiarize yourself with what the hardware on top of the decks look like and find out what model tractor used the deck. The C-Series and the 300, 400 and 500-Series tractors all used the same decks.

The front belt idler assembly that connects to the front quick hitch is part of the deck so get that also.

Garry

Joel G

Thank you very much Garry.  If I did decide to order a new deck from Toro, then would then be able to order any of the ones you mentioned with 3/4" blade holes and expect it to work on my tractor?  Is there one model that you would recommend for my tractor?

Are the Tacho-O-Matic assemblies the same for all?

Thanks again Garry.

Joel

BTW, I was told by Toro that the 5-1011 was made for only one year and that Toro no longer makes that model deck, so if I were to get a new one, then it would have to be a different model that I can easily bolt on.

Thanks again,

Joel

gwest_ca

This is the deck that Toro still makes and will fit your tractor. There is another front idler assembly but it is for the 60" deck that is likely no longer made. A new idler assembly will come with the deck.

http://www.newhavenpower.com/Toro_Classic_42_Side_Deck.html

This is what you get

Not many if any other manufactures can boast they have supplied the same mower deck for at least 44 years.

Garry

Joel G

Very Very helpful Garry.  Thank you so much. 

I'll need to save my ducats this winter and perhaps get it in the spring (if I cannot find a used one before then).  The deck is more than the tractor...

608KEB

Did you pick that up from Jason? Nice C-100! 

Joel G

Yes I did.  Looks clean and runs like a top.

roadapples

Plenty of decks to choose from at the Big Show...

• Like 1

857 horse
8 hours ago, roadapples said:

Plenty of decks to choose from at the Big Show...

The BIG SHOW,,,,,,,,,,,Wow Jay,,,,,,,dont get me started,,,,,,

Joel,,,,that is THE Wheel Horse Show of the year.....Jason will be there,,,,Road Apples lives almost in walking distance,,,,,,

Oh,,,,if the tractor came from Jason,,,,,you got a nice machine....and no unpleasant suprizes,,,,,,

OK,,,,,,,im off,,,,,,,,,and Welcome to RED SQUARE,,,,,,you sourse for Everything Red,,,,,good friends,,,,,,,,and any advise or parts you will need.!!!!!!!!

see everyone in 6 months

Howard 857 Horse in Va

• Excellent 1

Joel G

Thanks for all of the help everyone.  I may make the trip to PA for the BIG SHOW..