henryhpsd

known issues k341 ?

henryhpsd

Hello,

Im going to pickup my 2nd Wheel horse :greetings-clappingyellow:

From the looks of it, it has a kohler 341 engine, now i'm already familiar with the "Wheel horse" tractor and know where to look for issues (which is a 416-8)

But i never had a Kohler engine before. Therefore if someone could be so kind...I could use some tips when i buy it next week.. 

What would be the "issues" to look for ?

The hour meter says it has already about a 1000 hours on it, so it probably is up for a good inspection hihi.

I could bring a compression test kit with me (guess anywhere near 100 psi would be good ?) and volt meter to see if it charges.

Is there anything i could pay some attention too ?

And is the engine actually a Kohler 341 ? ...could be mistaking hihi..

Thanks in advance !

416-8-4.JPG

416-8-5.JPG

Edited by henryhpsd

953 nut

In my opinion the cast iron Kohler single cylinder engines are rather bullet proof. If it sounds good and isn't smoking excessively you will get another 1,000 hours out of it with proper maintenance.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

rmaynard
4 hours ago, henryhpsd said:

And is the engine actually a Kohler 341 ? ...could be mistaking hihi..

Count the head bolts. K341 should have 10.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Shynon

Looks like a K341, count the head bolts looks like 10. As Dick said these motors are bullet proof, you will not be able to do a compression test you need to do a leakdown test as Kohlers have ACR

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

henryhpsd

Great ! Thanks for input..highly appreciated !

Sounds that model Kohler engine is one valued by the Wheel horse community, makes me happy ! Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Henry

Edited by henryhpsd
  • Like 2

Sarge

What model tractor is this ? Looks like a C-160 , which is highly sought after in the US...

Sarge

• Like 1

rmaynard

From his first post, second line, he mentions a 416-8. I don't know if that is what this one is or not, but with the engine mounted directly to the frame, the battery mounted in the dash tower (which appears to be red at the bottom and black at the top), and round headlights in the hood, my guess is that it is a 300/400 series.

• Like 2

henryhpsd

Its in a 416-8...

Thanks for the intel about the c160, havnt seen one yet.

Kind regards !

Henry

Searcher60

Not a C-160, battery is in the wrong place. I count 10 head bolts.

bds1984

I've had mine for over twenty years in a C165 and not a single issue to speak of.  It has been the best single cylinder engine I've ever had and definitely underrated in power!  I think you'll be hard pressed to find anyone to speak ill of a K341!

• Thanks 1

Fordiesel69

It is a great engine, I have one in a c-160 hydro and used a 48" SD deck on it.  That thing will go up hills at full speed and cut thick grass with just a slight bit of governor.  Super powerful and sounds awsome.  The 16HP is by far the coolest sounding K series.  

henryhpsd

Sadly... we didnt close the deal..

Offered him 700 euros for "it" and the attechment...the tractor was beyond "project", on picture it seemed relative oke but...

Everything was bent and broken....

His hobby was "motorcross" and the wheelhorse was used for it ...tyres were not in a line..all bearings ..o well u get the picture... 

Im not happy...really looked forward for it... ill wait...

Thanks for all help !

Edited by henryhpsd