Travja

Commando 8 belt guard cover from 607

Travja

Hey everyone I am new here and just picked up my first Horse. I am in the process of restoring it and need a few parts I have a 1968 commando 8 I was driving around in rural Indiana and came across a mower salvage yard they have a wheel horse 607 in great shape. I am curious if the drive belt cover from the 607 will fit my command 8. I looked at both owners manual and both part numbers are different but they are both short frame tractors I know other models have the same part number that will work any help will be appreciated. Pictures below are from when I got it last year and the other is almost restored. 

5F51936B-CA96-45B3-9157-33C9456C73FF.jpeg

11123609-F687-437A-85CA-69CB45A378C7.jpeg

rmaynard

I believe the 607 had a Tecumseh engine, and the Commando has a Kohler. The difference may be in where the cover attaches to the engine.

Travja
19 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

I believe the 607 had a Tecumseh engine, and the Commando has a Kohler. The difference may be in where the cover attaches to the engine.

When I was looking at it I believe it has a 6hp kohler

WHX??

Only one way to find out for sure ....go git the 607, bring it home and try it! :lol:

:WRS:

CasualObserver

Bob's right, thats exactly the difference. Save yourself the headache and get the right belt guard that will bolt right up. 855/856/857/ another commando 8.... that's what to look for. 

WHX??

Now Jason @CasualObserver    your not being any helping  @Travjatrying to save  horses. ... he's kinda got ne worried  about the salvage  yard business .:)

Travja

The problem is the guy wants $100 for a really clean 607 only missing a deck. I do have an extra one tho the wife wouldn't like :text-imsorry: