Delhiski

What am I doing wrong?

Delhiski

Having problems. Rod for PTO will not drop down far enough. So I needed to take top bracket off to get rid out and remove belt?   Next item, is there a truck to remove belt?  I can not get it out of pulley area as it is twisted and to tight to pull through. What is the trick?  I reserved forcing through as I am not sure it will go back on?  See pics.  I appreciate any help I can get. First time pulling off the deck. 

20171008_115737.jpg

20171008_115737.jpg

20171008_114353.jpg

Pat_In_Denver

The belt doesn't come out of the mule drive unless you remove the cover from it by taking off the large nut.  At the PTO, you should only have to swing the bar towards the back of the tractor to remove the belt.  The only time that bar needs to be dropped down is when you attach a tiller.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Pat_In_Denver

If you do need to remove the arm, the trick is to pull the top out away from the engine so it doesn't hit the rim of the PTO.  It's a bit of a pain, but after mounting a tiller a couple of times it becomes a piece of cake.  Just make sure the hair pin on the bottom is replaced towards the engine side so it can't interfere with the belt.

Ed Kennell

When I remove a deck, I always leave the belt in the mule drive  and store it with the deck.

• Like 7

Tankman
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

When I remove a deck, I always leave the belt in the mule drive  and store it with the deck.

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 3

KC9KAS

@Delhiski :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

Delhiski

There is a spacer sleeve on the PTO rod, I moved that above the metal plate and that gave me enough clearance to lower the rod.  I will have to look at the schematic to see proper way.  

Thanks for the belt help, I will just leave on and zip tie in place.  If and when I need to remove I will take off the belt cover.  Thx

20171008_171818.jpg

I moved that spacer above?  

• Like 2

WHX??

Your welcome from all of us ...

:WRS: