ztnoo

Turn any drill into a powerful metal cutting tool!

ztnoo

Might be handy for some smaller custom mods.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

roadapples

I've had one of those for probably 20 years and never used it. I forget I have it. I think mine is called a Bad Dog Biter...

• Haha 1

953 nut

I have used a pneumatic nibbler for years, works great. Best advice I can give is to do your cutting over the trash can or be prepared to pick up the thousands of little nibbles on the floor; :chores-mop:  what a mess.

• Like 4

ztnoo

This one is powered by a drill (which everyone has), which I thought made it rather unique.

I had never seen anything like it before.

c-series don

Good advice on doing it over a garbage can or be prepared to have little nibbler pieces stuck in your shoes!!! 

• Like 4

DennisThornton

Don't cut anything over your bed!  Those little half moon nibbles are sharp!  Seriously, be careful cleaning up the leavings. 

Great tool though! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sarge

We used one extensively years back in the shop for all kinds of metal fab - but again , watch out for those little waste pieces and get yourself a magnet to pick them up . Had one find it's way (eventually) through a 12 ply truck tire on the shop's yard truck - and those tires were old/hard enough you couldn't drill a hole through them . The shop cat even came up with a few in his paws - nothing like trying to pull those out of a greasy , nasty and really ticked off 18lb cat....lol .

Those new drill powered units look interesting but as compact as it is I wonder how long it would last - those internal parts would have to be made from some seriously hardened steel at that size . I wouldn't push the limit of it's capacity and definitely don't use it on imported steel as it is many times quite surface hardened . Also - another thing that helps the anvil last a lot longer is to clean any mill scale off first - that layer of carbon will dull the tool pretty quickly . I'd say try it - the price isn't bad for what it could do and for some light fab work they cut like butter . You can use a straight edge with them - just make sure it's at least 1/4" thick to guide the anvil head along and they will hold a pretty straight line . Those tools are king of tight circles and radius cuts , btw...

Sarge