mikeeyre74

I finally got one: 520h

mikeeyre74

Here's a few pics of the machine that just arrived. I already have questions! 

Just arrived..

Just arrived..

Just arrived..

Just arrived..

Needs some polish, for sure. Definitely needs all new belts (but has new blades!), and all fluids changed with filters. paint needs buffing. carburetor needs help for sure.. serious surge issue going on here. Battery is probably shot and she's not charging at all. And seriously, I just ran over a set of needle nose pliers in my garage and punctured the tire in two places. Just my luck.. $450 with a 48" deck in great shape being the only option. 

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

Red144runner

I'm hopefully picking one up this week. Older one without swept axle

ericj
22 minutes ago, mikeeyre74 said:

Here's a few pics of the machine that just arrived. I already have questions! 

Just arrived..

Just arrived..

Just arrived..

Just arrived..

Needs some polish, for sure. Definitely needs all new belts (but has new blades!), and all fluids changed with filters. paint needs buffing. carburetor needs help for sure.. serious surge issue going on here. Battery is probably shot and she's not charging at all. And seriously, I just ran over a set of needle nose pliers in my garage and punctured the tire in two places. Just my luck.. $450 with a 48" deck in great shape being the only option. 

that a tough break with the tire. you can get a regulator from flea bay if needed make sure you check the stater and wiring before spending money necessarily good luck

eric j 

mikeeyre74

Fortunately, I had a few tire plugs kicking around and they seem to have done the job sealing the punctures up. In other news, it looks like the stator is fine and the regulator is crap. Got one on order already... we'll see what happens when that arrives. 

AMC RULES

Looks like it's past due for it's valve adjustment, & decarbonising the heads too. 

Nice :wh: score though.  :text-woo:

mikeeyre74
27 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Looks like it's past due for it's valve adjustment, & decarbonising the heads too. 

Nice :wh: score though.  :text-woo:

What is it that you see that makes you say that? 

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: How many hours are on it? 

Wishin4a416

Nice score!!!!

mikeeyre74
3 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: How many hours are on it? 

607 it looks like... but who's to say that it wasn't done 6 hours ago? I haven't a clue.. that's why I ask if you see something that leads you to believe that it needs it? I haven't read the manual for it yet as I just got her yesterday..

farmall450diesel

You did good on that buy. If you don't have room to store it I would be happy to use ......sorry I meant store it for you. Eric