Mike'sHorseBarn

1045 Project

953 nut
8 minutes ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

First thing I'm concerned with is possibly the hood. The previous owner put this bracket on so he could mount the hood while using the makeshift snowblower that was on it. He must have cut the normal attaching rod off. Now it looks like if I weld on a new rod, the hood will hit my muffler. Anyone have a 1045 that can give me some measurements of the hood to make sure mine is correct?

Should be the same as the 1055 or any other square hood. I think the rod is bolted to the frame.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Love those 1045 :wh: tractors.   :greetings-clapyellow:

• Like 2

new2horses

The hood will be supported in the front and pivot on exactly the same arrangement as your 855.

Welcome David

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

The deeper i get into this thing, the more tlc I discover it will need. Engine needs an overhaul, Stater generator is broken (doesn't charge and the physical casting is broken), it has a hood on that looks like it is more for an 855 than it is a 1045. When I removed that bracket from the front, and sat the hood where it is supposed to be, there is no way it will accommodate the engine. Also needs rewired. Now, I'm not complaining, it is just one of those things. 

Question about making wiring harnesses. I'm not good with electrical things yet, but does anyone know what gauge of wire goes where? I want to make a new wiring harness, but I want to make sure I use the right size wire in the right places. 

Mike

ebinmaine

Nice looking potential ride there..... keep posting and as always... :text-coolphotos: are appreciated! !

Looking forward to this one.

Mike'sHorseBarn

I got it mostly tore down and the transmission definitely needs a rebuild. I can almost pull the input shaft out of the tranny lol 

I know I need to get you guys some pics!! 

JPWH

In answer to your wire gauge question I would replace each wire with the same gauge you took off. If that is too difficult Google 12 volt wire size required. There are some good charts available. 

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Keep going Mike.

Glenn

Mike'sHorseBarn

Finally took some pics. It's getting there.

20171026_202311.jpg.3e468651153d9a3306754fb62efebcee.jpg20171026_202354.jpg.1ebe8008269044edd28ad377a4bb831c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Love the round fender / square hood, 1045 is definitely a tractor that I could see in my collection some day!  

• Like 1