RedRanger

HL-5 light bar template

RedRanger

Does anyone have the HL-5 light bar template that they can post up?  The one floating around last year has been erased by photobucket.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by RedRanger

Racinbob

image.png.2550472cad1e499a6b4502c42c4e5dc9.png

This is what I had saved. According to the thread the bar would wrap around this. Thanks to @dclarke :)

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 5

RedRanger

Thanks Bob.  Wanted to share it with a buddy, but Photobucket has blocked the old links.  I also found a copy in my computer.

ebinmaine
13 hours ago, RedRanger said:

Does anyone have the HL-5 light bar template that they can post up?  The one floating around last year has been erased by photobucket.

Thanks in advance.

What's that template used for?

Racinbob

It's a template to shape the support bar for the HL-5 headlights. :)

It's a template to shape the support bar for the HL-5 headlights. :)

• Like 1

RedRanger
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

What's that template used for?

59c2c99dc3bb9_018(2).jpg.a3a347f61ede50c6d96b7d759bcead44.jpg

59c2ca1070b38_019(2).jpg.fc97a9989a737a9b1551f28ee4dc28da.jpg

59c2c9d19a049_023(3).jpg.4bef2b540d52f9e1e68f78f1195be5f0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Sarge

I always felt it was a bit odd how the lights sit , you'd think the bracket would have had an opposing angle to match to set them 90* to the ground...?

Still , it is quite a look , especially on the older round hoods...

Sarge

• Like 2

Racinbob

I know what you mean Sarge. I had the HL-5s on my 854 and did a minor modification so I could turn the lens so the 'grooves' were horizontal. Nice job making that Redranger. :)

• Like 1

formariz
On 9/21/2017 at 8:07 AM, Racinbob said:

I know what you mean Sarge. I had the HL-5s on my 854 and did a minor modification so I could turn the lens so the 'grooves' were horizontal. Nice job making that Redranger. :)

That always bothered me a bit. Actually those "grooves" are designed to be vertical. Then one gets the correct light spread and range. That is why the "bug eye" lights actually provide better lighting since lenses are about clear.