CountryRock

Wheel Horse 246-H Update

WHX??

:WRS:  mungie .. I ain't even gonna try to pronounce  your handle..... but here's  a couple of learned advices from a longtime fellow 246H owner. You should have started your own thread . You would have gotten better reponses.

GO LOOK  for a new voltage regulator  on  amazon.. they are a dime a dozen, very cheap and fail frequently.... most due to over chargeing. PTO might be smoked as well very common with this model.

Keep in mind dude this is a vertical shaft and might not be worth sticking a new pto in it if need needed be unless you love it. Just sayin... I have had mine for 20 + years but I took care of it ...just sayin....

CountryRock
2 hours ago, Mdunfeeyj said:

Anyone have issues with voltage regulator on the 246H. My voltage meter is reading high for the last two weeks and yesterday my pto went out . No reading with ohm meter, also seams as if my pto switch also went bad at the same time no voltage at the plug but battery voltage is good and  regulator lets it go high at times pretty much pegging the on board meter at times. I shut it down when it gets high so I dont ruin the battery. Thought maybe it caused the pto to smoke not sure how sensitive they are . 

I had to replace mine because it was putting out way too high voltage, which is bad for the battery and the pto clutch.  Its an easy fix and the part is not expensive.  The electric pto clutches can be quite sensitive to overvoltage, especially the xtreme outdoor power equipment replacement clutches.  Welcome to the forum and enjoy your tractor, its a great little mower.

Mdunfeeyj

I have an extreme cluch coming tomorrow and the regulator should be here by monday . Not sure how my change my username on here. The one that is posted is not what I originally typed in, any advice on that ? Thanks again . Mark

Mdunfeeyj

Whx, i've had mine for 27 yrs. still looks and runs good. Thanks for the advice .