srose3070

Wheel Horse Electro 12

srose3070

I have just recently purchased an Electro 12 to restore. I am well into a restoration on a 416-8 but am unable to find much information on the Electro 12. Any info such as parts, decals etc.. would be appreciated.

WHC-125

First off I would like to say :thumbs:. And this a is great site filled with alot of great people and alot of great information :horseplay:

Electro12WH

What sort of info do you need? I have a '70 Electro 12.

Kelly

I have a 68 and a 69 Electro that I might be able to help with questions about, post the model no. on the tag right below the dash, you may have to bend over to see it. then we can help you find out a year.

TT

An Electro 12 is nothing more than a Charger 12 with a factory-installed electric PTO clutch and hydraulic implement lift.

You should be able to find plenty of posts and information on here if you look for both models.

jusjeepn

Hello! WTRS! 1968 Electro 12 : model number 1-7235, 1969 Electro 12 : model 1-7245, 1970 Electro 12 : model number 1-7255. Only made these three years. Hydro, hydro lift, elec. clutch. 68 and 69 models had wood grain decals like this

005-4.jpg

1970 model decals wer like this

008.jpg

parts for the kohler engine are plentiful. some parts are avail, through parts tree for the tractors. Decals are avail, made by a menber here, avail through the decal and banner gal (ibecca) on ebay! Good luck!

Pat

srose3070

Thanks for all the input. I really don't know much about about the new addition to the fleet' at this time. I am supposed to take delivery toimorrow. I know it does not have any pedals and I was wondering if it was supposed to have at least one and what its function is. The engine is suppoised to run (12hp Kohler K301 I think). It is in fair shape, I think, I will restore after the workhorse I am working on now is out of the stall (tranny in shop for seals). I like to restore these tractors and this one will be no exception. Thanks again I will post pics as soon as I can when I receive the little guy. :thumbs:

Buzz

Here's a manual that we have in the Yahoo tractor manuals group 2 for the 1969 Charger "Electro 12"

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/UMCWSX7Ovc1qv...12%201-7245.pdf

Here's the manual for the Kohler K301.

http://www.kohlerengines.com/common/resources/tp_2379.pdf

Now quit playing on the internet and get busy........... :thumbs:

pond195520032003

:whistle: Electro12WH, glad you found us :whistle: you will enjoy it here as you cant find a better group of guys/gals to point you in the right direction :thumbs: :horseplay:

srose3070

Well I finally got the Electro 12. The engine runs a bit rough, needs card rebuild. From the smell of old gas there is no wonder.The Hydro and the deck lift work flawlessy I am absolutely, as my dad used to say, tickled pink. I will have a ball restoring this one. I found out the pedal was there,it was broken at the rod. It simply moves the drive actuator back to neutral. It does not serve as a brake as I previously thought. The engine does not smoke and has no, other than normal noise. The paint is a bit rough and a few spots are rusty, other than that it is in good shape for a 70' model. I would have taken pictures today but my media card in my phone mysteriously stopped working. :thumbs:

srose3070

Here are a few pics of the new 12.

IMG00033.jpg

Side Panel

IMG00035.jpg

Deck is in pretty bad shape but I think I can fix it.

Here is a pick of one in progress

IMG00040.jpg

Can't tell much about it but its a 84 Workhorse getting a new look. I know its not factory colors but I don't like gray :thumbs:

The 12 seems to be a bit weak in reverse I am thinking maybe low on fluid in the hydro (I hope), Do they take regular hydraulic fluid?

Thanks for the links I'll check them out.

Dave Marquess

I've located one in Ohio.probably going to get it Question what's the deal with no points. Can I change that to a point system?

pfrederi

I've located one in Ohio.probably going to get it Question what's the deal with no points. Can I change that to a point system?

If it runs why would you want to replace the current system???

But yes it can be done.  You have install points and a plunger, but the block should have holes for that (currently plugged i think). You have to get a coil and replace the ignition switch and do some wiring....