sntmre

Slow go at first

sntmre

I have a GT-1848. It runs slow when i start it. I mean i need to rock it to get it to move. Then its slow going for about 10 min. After about 10 min in idol or running it runs better. It goes in reverse with no problem right out of the gate. Any thoughts? I replaced the filter and drained it. The engine runs great just not the transmission.

953 nut

:WRS:    

6 hours ago, sntmre said:

I replaced the filter and drained it.

Did the service you performed seem to improve the situation at all? What filter did you use? (Toro or NAPA 1410 are highly recommended). 

The Eaton 1100 series is a good strong hydro. Will the  lift work right away or is a warm up required for it too? 

Take a look at the manual and it may help.

Ed Kennell

I have four tractors with the Eaton 1100s.     Two operate immediately and two require a 5 minute warm up in cold weather.  Although I could not find it, there is a TORO bulletin that states to prevent damage, all 1100 must be warmed up for 5-10 minutes before use.

• Like 3

sntmre

No change after serviceing it. NAPA 1410. Lift works great. Thanks for the manual. When i bought it used from neighbor about 6 years ago it worked with no problem. It just started this year.

953 nut

I don't have an Eaton so this is just from the manual and not from first hand experience. The manual seems to point to the motion control adjustment as a potential problem area. Check out the trouble shooting section and see what insight you can gain.