Jimmies1054

New To Wheel Horse.. would love to hear information on my 1054

Jimmies1054

I'm looking to see what's available for a 1054 and learn about the machine. This is my very first Wheel Horse.

IMG_20170912_200825046.jpg

• Like 5

Racinbob

:WRS:

Rather than trying to link to them click on browse on the tool bar up above and go to manuals. Type 1054 in the search box and you'll find a bunch. :)

Jimmies1054

Thank you..

pacer

Yeah, that what racinbob sez. Also go to the search on the general Wheel Horse part of the forum and type in "1054" and you should get so much info that youll be cross-eyed trying to digest it all;) The 1054, and 953, are very popular.

That looks to be a goodun you got ---- oh, and welcome to this madness!!!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

:WRS:            1054/953 can be adapted to use later model implements and the photo below will show what was available when they were built.

59b9873b130bd_953salesfolder.jpg.8743c1f387cbeff5ada28f500bcd5cdc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jimmies1054

Did they make a Brinley hitch setup? I have a few Brinley attachments..

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

953 nut
3 hours ago, Jimmies1054 said:

Did they make a Brinley hitch setup? I have a few Brinley attachments..

Here you go.

https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/hitches-liftkits.html#!/Toro-Wheel-Horse-Brinly-Clevis-Hitch-Sleeve-Hitch-with-adjustment-plate-and-pin/p/84960091/category=2354804

Jimmies1054

Thank you so much!! 

• Thanks 1

WHX??

:WRS:

Retired Wrencher

Jimmies1054   :WRS:  As you can see already there is always good help here. You are off to a good start.  Enjoy the site and people here.

Big_Red_Fred

You will get all the info you need on :wh: & Red Square Guru's, Like i did, Welcome to the Club !IMG_03831.jpg.8c674bdc91333909ae82406c66e5b482.jpg

Jimmies1054

Thanks guys..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Crick
      By Crick
      Original Wheel Horse dump cart wanted, no offense but not another brand with WH decals. 
      thank you
      Crick
    • blu_stang
      By blu_stang
      Hi All, It's time for me to sell the D-250 I've had for the last 8 years.  It’s useable as is, or would be a great project bundle for further restoration.

I am selling a large package: the running tractor, a refurbished snowblower (48”), parts snowblower, mower deck (60”), tiller (40”), front plow blade (60”), Cat 0 3-Point Hitch with adjustable top link, WH 3-Point tool bar, wheel weights and tire chains.  Also included is an extensive part collection, nearly a second tractor worth.  I will include the original manuals, an original 1976 sales brochure, and repair manuals for the tractor and the engine.  I made electronic copes of all of the above, and stored the paper copies to prevent further wear. This is one of the most complete D-250 tractor/attachment bundles I’ve seen.

Some highlights from the available parts: Frame rails, extra engine, water pump, extra transaxle, extra gears, including worm gears (stored in oil bath), Front wheel set, carburetor, carb rebuild kit, rebuildable original radiator, extra radiator overflow bottle, rebuilt alternator, new voltage regulator (I was planning to change over to an alternator setup from the generator), new in package Renault engine seals, new PTO seals, ignition maintenance parts.  There are also many panels, frame pieces, cables, levers, tubes (lines) and hardware in the collection.

The tractor engine runs smooth.  There are around 1050 original hours on it; It’s a 1976 edition.  Everything works, except the dash lights and the rear lights (disconnected b/c of fender).  I just haven't sorted out the wiring, but it is all there.  Headlights are good and working, as are all of the gears and levers.  The four tires are nearly new Carlisle Multi Trac, with nubs still on them.  The rear tires have been filled (ballasted) with Rim Guard for extra traction.  The hydraulic pump, front PTO clutch and brakes operate but could use a tune up.  I’ve used it for mowing and snowblowing on hills, driveway and around my land. I don’t have an original WH seat.  The snowblower was rebuilt a few years back, and assembled with all new hardware and bearings.  The mower deck gearbox was professionally serviced recently, and has a new set of blades with only a half dozen mows.  The rear fender needs a repair, but all pieces are available.  The plow and tiller are due for restoration.  The Points, Condenser and rotor have all been replaced and tuned in.  The battery is good.  I've rebuilt the carb, replaced the fuel pump and changed out the plugs within the last 30 hours.  The replacement radiator is from a Kawasaki engine; it was installed with new hoses. There are also new custom hydraulic hoses and a new hydraulic lift cylinder.

Here's a video of me mowing, this past summer.

Transporting this haul in one trip will require a pickup truck and a large trailer.  

• Pullstart
      By Pullstart
      5 big wheels, in various forms or stages.  One with melted wiring, one runner, one in need of an engine, one full project and one in the middle of nap time.  @953 nut thanks again for turning on my big wheel switch!

• chompinthebit
      By chompinthebit
      I mostly retreated a picture from the 1961 dealer sales flyer I have that shows a lineup of optional accessories.

the accessories are the suburban fender and tool box option, tombstone weight, stepped foot rests, and seat hinge.

I have not seen another seat hinge like this besides the one I own.

The sign I show in my pic is also the hard to find circa 1961 plastic sales and service sign that is also pictured in the same paperwork.

• Pullstart
      By Pullstart
      So, this kind of was destined to show up, I guess.  My wife found it a while back and was trying to buy it for me for our anniversary, but I was already in the middle of helping @Bow_Extreme get a deal on it!  Well, come to find out, he called looking to possible unload it.  SOLD SOLD SOLD!  The color is odd, but it adds character.  I think it’ll stay.  I’m thinking this might show up to Uncle Jim’s Plow day, snowblower engine and all to work the field!